Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» Looking for a team
Thu 03 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm by Hockeyman22996

» Available free agent for ECU
Thu 03 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm by Hockeyman22996

» Lookin 4 a team
Sat 15 Apr 2017, 12:21 pm by Herbx420

» Anaheim Ducks looking for players
Sun 09 Apr 2017, 9:41 pm by steelersfan26

» Wanting a team
Wed 22 Mar 2017, 7:21 pm by Theforgottenm486

» SEASON 24 and beyond match set up
Mon 06 Feb 2017, 3:47 pm by niner80rice

» New Min Roster Rule change.
Mon 30 Jan 2017, 2:15 pm by niner80rice

» GOTN MARCH 11th DET v LA
Fri 11 Mar 2016, 5:39 pm by Rush_Grant

» Week 1 Players of the Week
Mon 29 Feb 2016, 12:44 pm by II-Entryy-II

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » Rule Discussions » New Min Roster Rule change.

New Min Roster Rule change.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Min Roster Rule change. on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 11:48 pm

SteelCityFan17

Right now we all know 10 players is the minium player requirment. I think this is too many imo. 

If we had 8 min this would give you more of your main guys getting to play more and even the 2 not playing could get even more games then 3 seeing you only would now have 2 backups instead the 4. Spreading 4 backups into games is just down right jumbled up most the time. 

Examples.  How often do you really get your best guys together? To what i see it doesnt happen often exspecially in playoffs where 1-4 games you could happen to have your backups taking turns trying to get ice time. This leaves 4 games for trying to get tue replacments their 1 game each then only 3 for your main guys. To me that makes no sense and i made this today to see how everyone thinks this 8 man min is better then the 10 min we have now. 

In Summary.

I believe we should do 8 min rosters next season instead of the 10 min we have now and in doing so we could add 1-2 more teams just from this minor change. This is my opinion, How do you guys see this new rule compared to what we have now? Thanks Guys....And Gals.

Games- 26. PPG-1.5. (+/-) +50
Goals- 14. Assists- 25 

Season 19
Arizona Coyotes - G 

Reg. Season 
Games- 22. Record- (18-4)
SA- 279. GA- 68. Save%- 75.63. GAA- 3.09. Assists- 3. SO`s- 4

2 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:01 am

Iachoku

Not a fan. It could be then that your starting lineup comprises 75% of your entire roster, which is insane to me. It totally undermines the concept of depth and a huge part of team-building is relegated to pointlessness.

3 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 3:26 am

SteelCityFan17

Well that doesnt mean you cant go over 8. That would be just an option for GMs for themselves to decide. If they want the 8 min if its approved for that or go higher. 
Like i said earlier doing this also would allow for more teams to be added into the equation and spread the talent out even more so people dont have stacked rosters year after year.

Games- 26. PPG-1.5. (+/-) +50
Goals- 14. Assists- 25 

Season 19
Arizona Coyotes - G 

Reg. Season 
Games- 22. Record- (18-4)
SA- 279. GA- 68. Save%- 75.63. GAA- 3.09. Assists- 3. SO`s- 4

4 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:20 am

Cuban1616

I have brought this topic up the last few weeks and many of the points you make I support. 8 man rosters gives the league an opportunity for expansion. Also it spreads the talent around and gives players who ply 3/4 games a week a chance to get more games and get themselves established. This is just a minimum roster limit any GM can hold as many players they want on the roster their salary cap allows so teams can still keep 10 to 12 guys if that's what works for them. I'm hoping to get more people's opinions on this topic. Because at the end of the day it's OUR league and it has to be something everyone wants to do.

5 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 3:33 pm

Iachoku

But there's extremely little incentive to go over the 8 man roster. I'd argue this just allows for greater opportunity to stack teams as GMs won't have to worry about making room for players they'd otherwise prefer not to.

And in terms of "expanding" the league: the number of teams may increase, but the number of players remains the same - this doesn't actually expand the league in any meaningful way, just superficially inflates it.

6 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:39 pm

kozmo483264

I believe it should be dropped from 10 to 8, this is a great idea and i have been a fan of it ever since this was brought was up early in the season and it should be implemented as son as we feel comfortable doing it, if not this maybe the season after.

7 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:43 pm

etthan

Guys ... having 10 gives you flexibility in scheduling .. Unless your a GM who has 6 guys who can play all 9 all the time without issue then you will have teams looking for ECU's all the time and that is currently happening with 10 guys .. lets all be real here for the majority of teams they have their "starters" and they will play 5 - 7 games anyways .. forcing a team to have 10 players means someone gets a chance to play that otherwise would not .. to drop the roster to 8 min .. and bring in another 2 teams would further make teams more watered down .. and new guys would not get a chance to play ..

8 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 1:20 pm

TheAppler

I think 9 would be the best number. Gives an extra forward,d and G while perhaps leaving the door open for other teams to be expanded.

Season 16 Calder Trophy Winner
Season 16 Allstar
Season 19 Allstar (Reserve)
Season 21 Bill Masterton trophy winner

9 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 1:37 pm

Cuban1616

9 looks like the magic number. Plisk and some of the other GMs spoke Sunday and it seems like that's the direction we are looking to go after this season. But only if the new season registration allows it. So if you haven't signed up yet make sure you do and if you know someone looking to play get them registered.

10 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 9:40 pm

niner80rice

Looking to be a Gm next season and beyond. hopefully i got your votes. i love the sound of 8 but would settle for 9 as long as it drops.

11 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 10:33 am

RHYTHM_MC

Im in the hunt for a gm spot too....seems like the league might have increased players already?....or is there a gm spot opeming because someone is leaving?....as long as players here are active enough 8 or 9 man rosters doesnt sound ridiculous...

12 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 11:25 am

Cuban1616

Hey Rhythm. Good luck in the GM voting. As for this roster rule it actually will stay at 10 man roster minimum with the amount of resigns and the expansion going to 18 teams. So the league will be looking for at lease 4 new expansion GMs plus any others if an existing GM steps down.

13 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 1:54 pm

niner80rice

fair enough, Congrats on another cup Cuban

14 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 2:03 pm

Cuban1616

Thanks Man. Good Luck Niner on GM vote buddy. You got my vote

15 Re: New Min Roster Rule change. on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 2:15 pm

niner80rice

Cuban1616 wrote:Thanks Man. Good Luck Niner on GM vote buddy. You got my vote
thanks man

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]