Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » Congratulations on a great career!

Congratulations on a great career!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 Empty Congratulations on a great career! on Tue 06 May 2014, 10:56 pm

jewofcanada

First topic message reminder :

i would just like to congratulate coltcrazy on a fantastic career as GM here in SPNHL. Mr. Hiller announced his retirement in the pre-game lobby vs Minnesota tonight before proceeding to make his final mark on the league by abandoning his team and forcing them to forfeit almost 5 minutes early, when their 6th and final player was en route to the game lobby.

this is the kind of excellence and sportsmanship we strive for in the SPNHL. i can only wish this young lad the best of luck moving forward as he advances to smaller and not-as-good things, specifically the lowest tier of the other league where bad players go to rot. 

happy retirement coltcrazy!!!! be sure to check in when you graduate middle school so we can all keep up to date with your progress in life!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
S12 FOURTH ROUND ROOKIE DRAFT PICK
S13 SELF APPOINTED GM OF THE YEAR
S14 FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK
S14 ALL STAR GAME FIFTH SUB

26Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations on a great career! on Mon 12 May 2014, 5:53 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
you guys ever swallow your own cum?

27Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations on a great career! on Tue 13 May 2014, 6:51 pm

BigJayAyotte

stickygreendubs wrote:
LaPlante94 wrote:
bufford80 wrote:
BigJayAyotte89 wrote:the solution. i will take over a team.

Worst solution ever thought of

Is it because he's a QC?
Very much so

Rude much? i would win Rookie GM of the year lmao

28Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations on a great career! on Wed 14 May 2014, 3:44 pm

Ballachick3

SA_Pliskin wrote:
Ballachick3 wrote:lol..just another case of some1 who got threw in there..there been good players that bombed..there is just no process of becoming a GM here..oh you been here a few seasons..ok here ya go..being here a few seasons, or from day 1, doesn't mean you will be a good gm..instead of defending it every time, can't we all just see there is a problem? If not then it will never be fixed..Season after season GMs quit or whatever with only this amount of teams..there is a problem, once everyone accepts that, there can be a process to fix it! Just like an addict!

your right being here does not mean your a good GM, but it does not mean you wont be either.  until they fuck up, they are just as good a chance as anyone.  your asking me to discriminate based on your opinion of someone.  if they have not shown me personally why they dont deserve a job then they are as good a choice as you yourself.

that's why you come up with a process, and far as me being a GM, I have the references and background..and everyone that plays here, plays there basically, so no comparison to kids who just want to be a gm or all the wrong reasons..but this aint about me, its about having a full season with no GMs quitting, no teams forfeiting, fair trades (gms not giving their players away for nobodies)..That's all people ask for..

29Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations on a great career! on Wed 14 May 2014, 5:28 pm

SA_Pliskin

SA_Pliskin
Admin
Ballachick3 wrote:
SA_Pliskin wrote:
Ballachick3 wrote:lol..just another case of some1 who got threw in there..there been good players that bombed..there is just no process of becoming a GM here..oh you been here a few seasons..ok here ya go..being here a few seasons, or from day 1, doesn't mean you will be a good gm..instead of defending it every time, can't we all just see there is a problem? If not then it will never be fixed..Season after season GMs quit or whatever with only this amount of teams..there is a problem, once everyone accepts that, there can be a process to fix it! Just like an addict!

your right being here does not mean your a good GM, but it does not mean you wont be either.  until they fuck up, they are just as good a chance as anyone.  your asking me to discriminate based on your opinion of someone.  if they have not shown me personally why they dont deserve a job then they are as good a choice as you yourself.

that's why you come up with a process, and far as me being a GM, I have the references and background..and everyone that plays here, plays there basically, so no comparison to kids who just want to be a gm or all the wrong reasons..but this aint about me, its about having a full season with no GMs quitting, no teams forfeiting, fair trades (gms not giving their players away for nobodies)..That's all people ask for..

i understand that, and I would love to do that, but you seem to think i have those guys in my pocket.

If you know who these guys are, please tell me and we can work from there, but i dont think I personally can name 12-14 people who wish to GM who are the following:

-mature
-experienced
-dedicated
-knowledgeable of players and skills
-Can I trust them to be fair and honest.

and remember these guys have to actually want the job.  I would love nothing more to give you guys the GMs you wish to have.. but aside from forcing guys and hoping they will do it (pipe dream) then we are left with what we have.  Aside from that its also not as easy as just saying ok this gm is quitting ill just pick the best player for the job, most times they are on a team already.  some occasions the GM of his team will help out and sacrifice one of his best players.  now another side is what if your the GM, what if your teams success is really driven from your top player.  

What if i just decided to remove him one day to take a team mid-season.  how will that effect you?  you cant always fix a wound by creating another wound in someone else.  sometimes its better to just bandage the wound and try to fix it best you can until a  better way to correct it comes to you.  there are so many different things dictating who GMs are and how GMs are selected.  Its never cut and dry thats what i need you guys to understand.  you are very quick to attack GMs and the league itself for picking bad GMs when in reality its not always possible.   also how do you honestly, fairly and please be honest dont be ruthless in answering this simply because you wont ever really have to make these decisions yourself. how do you boot a GM who has been very dedicated, treated their team well, did their job 100% by doing stats on time and lines on time, working with their team daily. none stop but had a bad season, or was unable to draft a good team  or drafted a good team but they couldn't gel.  

How do you feel good about removing them because the league screams they are garbage.  how do you disrespect them by removing them after the endless hours they gave for you.  Those GMs know who they are I am sure.  They will always have my respect.  I will never blame them for bad seasons, I will always blame the guys who stop showing for them because it gets hard.  Thats why I will never fire them.  as for the quitters,  with all the stuff  mentioned above, all my limitations ..  who are they where do I get those guys to fix that issue?

I am not trying to put dismiss you, and I honestly want some help with this, but if you have the people I need to fill the holes in GM, please let us know.

William M. Jennings Award Winner. x2
Maurice Richard Award Winner.
Art Ross Award Winner.
Lady Bing Award Winner.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://spnhl.canadian-forum.com

30Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations on a great career! on Wed 14 May 2014, 5:50 pm

KingDude

KingDude

31Congratulations on a great career! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations on a great career! on Wed 14 May 2014, 6:07 pm

Rush_Grant

Rush_Grant
Well said plisk and whats exactly a fair trade and who determines it. Players have different values to different teams and ability isnt always the #1 in alot of cases its reliability(especially this season). For example this season I'd Trade a couple of the top FWDS from philly for almost any forward in the league that will actually show up while obv not a "fair" deal in most peoples eyes having someone there to count on is much more important than scoring 3 when someone is feeling like playing 

I think the Bigger issue than GMs is having guys who are committed to the league rain or shine. Also its not like ideal candidates for GM are lining up in droves to run teams. Plisk has to choose from who actaully wants to be GM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum