Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
TyReeZy's Season Predictions EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » TyReeZy's Season Predictions

TyReeZy's Season Predictions

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:13 pm

tyrone257

I’m relatively new to SP compared to many of you but I was bored and still decided to weigh my thoughts and predictions. I know most names although there are some that I am not too familiar with, who I’m sure will surprise me. Also didn't take much of a look at refused positions and what not so I apologize if I make any mistakes on where people may be playing this season. Good luck to all teams involved, from the looks of it should be a fairly competitive season.

Eastern Conference

1. Washington Capitals
Nick has done a great job at assembling a good team from top to bottom. On the back end they have arguably the best goalie in the league in Danger-Rally with a very solid starting defensive pairing of puck moving defensemen in Donut and Nino. The skill of both dmen with the puck will open up even more chances for the already solid offense consisting of Nick, josh, Desveaux, flo, JuiCE, gloven and Choban. They also got themselves a backup goalie in Phatt_Pat to backup Danger when he can not play. Overall, I think this team is very well rounded and should have a great season.

2. Pittsburgh Penguins
The team I am predicting to come in a close 2nd in the East is the Penguins. They are defensively sound on the right (djones125, yvester, gill) and the left (Valley) and have 2 more than capable goalies (Hellstar, PNC). On offense I see a lot of talent but could deal with ego’s. If players such as jor2good, dasnipa, jayscott, toslick and Jazz can co-exist, I expect this team to perform very well this season. If ego’s come into play or they hit a rough patch in the season, they could be in trouble.

3. New York Rangers
The GM everyone loves to hate seems to have learned something in his season as GM as his teams have gotten progressively better and I expect them to surprise some people this season. Up front they have Legndary, Diirty_Triix and Pass_2_Win most notably, with wasteaway and blckhwk to round out the roster. On defense, you will most likely see combinations of Ham, Austin and chelios. In the pipes they should be very solid as well with Sebb, Impulse and NYIsles. Overall, they may not have the biggest names but I don’t see any glaring weaknesses and no players that will lose them any games so I would expect them to finish 3rd/4th.

4. Detroit Red Wings
I expect a lot of high scoring games with Detroit involved. They have arguably the best offense in the conference and a solid goaltending duo. They will be okay defensively with Sabres, Rush, Hawk, Plastic, but I can see the goalies facing quite a few odd man rushes. They will look to henny and Ovi to carry the load on offense but their depth up front is very solid with Charmop, VEXE and Skillz, once again might not be names that stand out to you right away but they are all very skilled. If Killer and bishop can make some “should be a goal” saves here and there this team could finish anywhere in the top 4 and are like one great Dman away from being a surefire cup contender.

5. Tampa Bay Lightning
This is another team that may surprise some people this season. One of the teams coming into the season with the most chemistry and are hoping it’ll translate to a lot of wins. Oticz, Moja, Exclamation, Krypt all come from the same club. Mcleve and Heroic ran an AHL team together in VG. Sobo, Dankchank and hockeyman played together in VG. Ezzz and Perk have been on SP teams together. Chewy and Exclamation were a D pair in VG. Then there’s Snipeshow. Overall they will be an offensive minded team. Most of their defensemen act as offensive D, but they do have some very solid 2 way centres and Moja and dank to cover when needed. Huge roster and they will need vlady to play very well, but honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they ended up in the top 4. It may just come down to what lineups Ezz throws out there and how well the chemistry translates to the league.

6. Boston Bruins
Tedd has assembled a team that is solid offensively, decent defensively and decent goaltending. Socca and Ivan are listed as the only 2 dmen on the roster but I would expect Socca and Chamber to main the main 2 D on the roster with Ivan as a utility man. Up front they have Tedd, BARRY, Irish, RageQuittin, matt and etthan. Availability might be an issue with the forwards on this team but shouldn’t be an easy win for most teams. In net they have past Vezina winner bilick and stcopley. They could be the Jekyll/Hyde team in the east, as some nights they could do great and others could falter.

7. Toronto Maple Leafs
BleedsBlue has a potential top line that can compete with any team on any given night. Flash and Rusty is a great D pair and will be their main strength this season. I would say Left Wing is also their biggest strength but then realised that just because you have like 10 of them, doesn’t mean it’s a strength. Just kidding, in all seriousness although they have a bunch listed at LW, deadant is utility, check/balla can make the switch if needed and I don’t know much about leafs and suga other than they stuck through the season with Blue in last season’s disappointment with Vancouver. Sabres, Evo, Check and balla provides some solid offense, with Jaymz there to backup the main D pair. I can`t see this team making a playoff push but also don’t see them losing every game. If Bleeds stays GM for next season, I could see him having some pieces to work with heading into that season and slowly improve his team into that playoff contender.

8. Montreal Canadiens
As this team loses and loses and loses, they will look back on the draft and see guys such as Gag, Snipeshow, Djones, BoneCrusha, Donut, Woyt, Sabres ETC! that they passed up on most notably with their first round picks (Ryno, fatjoedashow). Ryno is solid, so don’t want to take too much away from him, but Montreal could’ve most likely traded down if he was their target to a later first round pick and possibly picked up some better picks throughout the draft. As for fatjoe, don’t really know what he was thinking with other people that were available, probably could’ve had him 3rd/4th round. Anyways, maybe the Canadiens steal a win here or there but if baseball stays GM next season, I suggest not using a bunch of resigns and a stronger draft next season.

To the teams I put outside of the playoffs, all I can say is prove me and the rest of the league who agrees wrong. These are just words, the play on the ice is what matters!

Western Conference

1. San Jose Sharks
Lap-Stamkos-Bunny Chomp-GoHawks.. Need I say more? Once again Chomper has assembled a perennial powerhouse that will have a great chance at a repeat. Don’t know too much about their goalies in Jhonny and Dryden but I can’t see them dealing with too much work on a nightly basis. Their depth includes Koko, who would be a starter on most teams and should still see a lot of play time, Krusher, Stlcards and KAOS. Guaranteed playoff team, and we’ll have to wait until the playoffs to see if they can live up to the hype.

2. Calgary Flames
Jaq has taken over a team that was unsuccessful last season and has the pieces in places to really turn the organization around. Bonecrusha, Fluri and Brousseau will make up an excellent forward line with Spud, Cort, Cam and Tyrone to back them up while GM Jaq and 2nd round rookie pick Spiritpat and cfaia will man the defense. In net they have 47 and Plisk who will split time, and when 47 is playing Pliskin is more than capable to fill in at any position needed. Overall, I expect this team to do very well this season and are built to be solid all-around.

3. Anaheim Ducks
After finding out that Twizted was actually Knees sneaking back into the league and being removed from the Anaheim roster, they were given the choice to replace him and they were allowed bringing in Aps_Island to the team. I would expect scrappy, kieley, altered and Dangles to split time defensively while AP, Spoon and Fleury should give them multiple options in net. Up front it`ll depend if their two star forwards hemmer and slayer can co-exist, and will look to Free, Flynn, Richmond and their many utility players on this team to provide depth scoring. Anaheim should be a tough team all season long.

4. Minnesota Wild
Two huge trades before the draft are going to be what defines this team whether they make the playoffs or not. With an excellent forward core of jew, sticky, Piper and Class and excellent goaltending with mesmerize and TMAN it will come down to the many dmen on this team battling for ice time and if a few of them can step up and prove themselves as solid dmen, this team could be very very strong this season. Those Dmen include Lemieux, Carolina, Sazer, darkwarlord, STL-Logan, Broccoli and NL_Redwings.

5. Colorado Avalanche
Eggman returns to Colorado as GM but actually gets to do the draft this time and has built a solid team. Wildcard and Jeff, who were practically the whole offense for this team last season both signed up as Dmen but I would expect both to play mostly forward this season. Other forwards include Egg, laydown, Real_deal, chucksaget, and bones, while their D core includes Frank, gurp, gcampbell, and the aforementioned Jeff and Wildcard. In net they have nick who will need to have a big season against the offensive firepower in the West. This team will rack up a lot of hits and could get a lot of wins too. I could see them finishing anywhere from 3-6.

6. Edmonton Oilers
In addition to Minny, Edmonton was the other expansion team this season and NowYoDead will be hoping the offense he has put together can get them to the playoffs, or I could see him using some of his offense to possibly trade for an upgrade on D. With yan, Lo-Max, flyal, coorsi, Caddy and Murphy up front, they will pester opposing dmen each night. On D they have Dead, way2 and UnDeadDevils. Sanjose will get most of the starts in net with Swifty and G4 to back him up. I think this team will come down to how well the defensemen can play as they have plenty of offense.

7. Dallas Stars
AVNG has assembled a solid line of G-bo, Gag, Strike, Woyt, Djones, and if that lineup gets the majority of the starts they will do well this season. Downside is they have a 13 man roster meaning that lineup will probably get scattered around and brought down by some of the depth on this team. I’ve been in SP for a few seasons now and they always seem to have the same names on this roster after each unsuccessful season.In addition to names already mentioned they will have Gooon and manselreiley up front, Fury_Rage, Ward and Crafty (who could be a good addition if he takes it seriously) on D and Panamark and Elyndil in net.

8. Los Angeles Kings
Postalmic has assembled an okay team but will be very tough for them in the Western Conference. With forwards such as Rain, Mikey, Serge, stamp, minor, Daf and Viperman it will be interesting to see what lineups Postal puts out. They will be pretty weak on Defense with Postal, Swiftdee and Headcase and in net don`t really have someone to straight up win them games so I expect a bit of a rough season for the Kings. I don’t think they are awful and in previous seasons may have done okay but with the collective talent of some of the other teams in the league I can`t see them making the playoffs.

Good luck to all teams involved. Once again, I`m still relatively new to the league and I`m sure everyone will disagree with some aspect of this, but that`s because it is my opinion and everyone`s opinions will differ. Hope you enjoyed the article and hope a lot of the players and teams who I have doubted prove me wrong because a lot of the time teams on paper don’t translate to the ice as well as they should.

iT AiNT eZ,
TyReeZy

2TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:22 pm

Mesmerize-_-

Good write up as always Tyreezy.

3TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:33 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
Great write up! Good job buddy Smile

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

4TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:42 pm

Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx

Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx
Now that's a Great write up...

On 2/23/2014, at 12:41 PM, Jordon H wrote:
> I respect you
On 2/25/2014, at 8:34 PM, Moja111 wrote:
> You've built a great team though. GJ
[16:00:46] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : I would rather be ezz's ******
On 04/28/2014, at 7:13 PM, SA_Pliskin wrote:
> both of you need to grow up. i dont have time for he said she said. back and forth.

5TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:46 pm

Chomper4

Best writeup yet.  Appreciate all the time you took to put this together.  GL this season

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

6TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm

DiiRTYDaNGLeS

gj buddy 
just an FYI for ANA 
im going back home to LW

7TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:10 pm

Plastic_World

Best one so far imo. Dont agree with some of the choices but with each team having at least a few noteable names,  standings this season could be anyones guess.

Season 8 Pittsburgh Penguins
Season 9 Hiatus
Season 10 Columbus Blue Jackets
Season 11 Washington Capitals
Season 12 Carolina Hurricanes
Season 12 Boston Bruins
Season 13 Detroit Red Wings

8TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:29 pm

ovechkin8jr

ovechkin8jr
Pretty good, Disagree that TB and DET are pretty much the same thing.. (Both top 4)

9TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:48 pm

nick108

Finally my man good write up it took a vg guy to appreciate my team

[00:06:01] Djoneswilkilu68 : I carried ezz around for 3 seasons, the league didn't even have the decency to pay for my back brace

On 04/20/2014, at 3:41 PM, Spud_The_Scrub (Carried by Yan) wrote:
> so about passing on my signing ;)ill zuck ya dick

10TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 6:17 pm

Diirty_Triix_13

Diirty_Triix_13
Chomper4 wrote:Best writeup yet.  Appreciate all the time you took to put this together.  GL this season
 couldnt of said it any better myself. well done tyrone

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : you dont gotta call dibs sabres.. trix already made you his B!%@&

14x ALL STAR

11TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 7:24 pm

Nice write up Tyrone,
I personally don't agree with everything said on all the teams, and I do agree with a lot of them too... You did a really good job...

I'm still wondering when GM's will figure it out... There is a reason the best teams picks last in the draft... and again chomper ( sorry bud it happens to be you mostly ) picks 2 of the top 5 players in the draft...

12TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 7:29 pm

CraftySnail680

CraftySnail680
thanks for the shout out boiii. keep it real tyreeeeeezyyy gnome sayin niggaaaa?

[18:22:38] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Actual talent is irrelevant
[18:30:37] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : I'm not a yeller
[20:29:54] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Fat chicks know they have to try
[16:19:36] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : why is ham so gay

13TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 7:45 pm

xTheWildCard-51

xTheWildCard-51
+1

14TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 8:13 pm

Kcrusher33

Kcrusher33
Very nicely done bud.

Season 10 Nsh/Ott/Bos
Season 13 San Jose Sharks
Season 14 Los Angeles Kings "C" 
Season 15 Toronto Maple Leafs

15TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 8:21 pm

Freefaii

Freefaii
CraftySnail680 wrote:thanks for the shout out boiii. keep it real tyreeeeeezyyy gnome sayin niggaaaa?
Nick u just miss the season 11 connection
Ty nice write up u my boyyyyy!!!
Ps Anaheim 1st u almost had it right!!

16TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm

Rush_Grant

Rush_Grant
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 8:52 pm

deadant

Great write up +1

18TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 8:56 pm

Hemmertime

Brought your A game. Nice

19TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:01 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
Shit write up, shit poster.

20TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:13 pm

MY-GLOVE-ULL-LUV

Who the .... calls me gloven...but other than that you damnnnn right!

21TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:49 pm

dafoumanchew

MY-GLOVE-ULL-LUV wrote:Who the .... calls me gloven...but other than that you damnnnn right!
Shut up mcgloven Smile

22TyReeZy's Season Predictions Empty Re: TyReeZy's Season Predictions on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:58 pm

tyrone257

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll try to put out a quarterly or mid-season review as well after a couple of weeks. Good Luck!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum