Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted

My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted Empty My Advice to Free Agents Who Weren't Drafted on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 3:28 pm

Chomper4

I know this season there are a lot of people that didn't get on teams and would like to play and be a part of the community.  If you truly want to be on a team, the key is to be patient and participate in the community as best you can.  Most of you are undrafted b/c you are not known by GMs.  I as a GM only know so many players through both leagues.  Don't take it as an insult if you weren't taken.  Here are some tips on how to become known.  I was an undrafted free agent season 1 b/c no one knew me.  Now Im king of this league.

1)  Spend time in the chat.  The chat is a fun place to meet people and get to know some GMs as well.  Players in chat often OTP together or create drafts lobbies.  This is a great way to become known.  I as a GM will often grab a FA simply bc hes in the chat so I know hes active and interested in playing.

2)  I believe there will be a forum created for ECUs (Emergency Call Ups) this season.  ECUs are used by teams who wont have enough players for their game that night.  They then will use an ECU to fill their roster.  This is a great way to show your talent to a GM.  Keep an eye out for that forum.  Im not exactly sure how it will work yet so stayed tuned

3)  This is going to be hypocritical, but don't be cocky or arrogant.  GMs tend to overlook unknowns who claim to be the best or elite.  Ive seen a few FAs make  a post that they are a free agent which is fine, but describing yourself as elite will often get you ignored.  Instead, be a team player and just show that you want to prove youre worthy of cracking onto a roster.  There is plenty of ego and arrogance in this league, but most of those guys have been here a while and proven themselves. 

4)  Don't be annoying or nag GMs.  Mention to them you're a FA and available if you wish, but don't beg too often or you'll most likely be ignored by GMs.

5)  If you don't make it on a team this season, simply wait for next season and then go to camps and show your skill.  Our community continues to grow and if this season is successful and we have a similar amount of registrants next season, we will most likely add more teams to the league which means more guys get onto a team.  It sucks not being on a team, but its worth the wait in my opinion.

That's basically it.  If any GMs have something to add, feel free.  If any free agents have questions, feel free to PM me or ask them here.  Good luck this season and I hope a bunch of you make it onto teams this season.

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
6) Get good

nick108

FA just cuz u didn't get drafted doesn't mean we think you suck nobody is doubting your abilities but as u can see theres about 80 FA so all those guys want a team to so don't bring bad attention to yourself get your name out there dont call yourself top 6s or elite u will be instantly passed on at this point guys r looking to compete there rosters not looking for a superstar. So show your a team player and willing to accept your role and that's your best chance to be picked up

[00:06:01] Djoneswilkilu68 : I carried ezz around for 3 seasons, the league didn't even have the decency to pay for my back brace

On 04/20/2014, at 3:41 PM, Spud_The_Scrub (Carried by Yan) wrote:
> so about passing on my signing ;)ill zuck ya dick

Mesmerize-_-

Nobody listen to nick, He is probably the worst player in this league.

bufford80

#ELITE F/A

[23:03:21] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : buff > aggro
[01:11:04] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Wtf lol stamkos isnt really anything
[22:42:10] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : HAM..... you're a pest. thats why you got steal.... my bad. don't screw it up eh...lol
[16:32:18] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : so im not the only one who has the shame of losing to ham
[03:34:01] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : no one is getting paid to play
[03:34:06] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : its the internet

SA_Pliskin

SA_Pliskin
Admin
Great post Chomp.

William M. Jennings Award Winner. x2
Maurice Richard Award Winner.
Art Ross Award Winner.
Lady Bing Award Winner.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://spnhl.canadian-forum.com

JetterIsBetter

well Chomp you know im always available for almost every single game. just like last season. good luck this season to everyone. im always ready to play G or RW boys.

WastedJack-

Hello All,

A friend of mine (miamidolfan3) and I just found out about this league a few weeks ago.  We registered for the draft but did not realize there were try-outs as well.  We have been playing a few years and if you give us a shot I hope you will be glad you did.

I thought I put this message board to forward messages to my email but it doesn't seem to be working so I think the best way to send me a message is on PSN.  I will be playing most of the night so hit me up if you would like to try me out.

Thanks!

ChobanLacot

ChobanLacot
^ i'll throw out my support for both WastedJack and Miamidolfan3. If any gms need to complete their rosters, take your chances with these guys. They are good team players.

EL_MALIANTE1

EL_MALIANTE1
I dont think i didnt get draft because am not known by the gms i think is more because Vagina League is of again and we get stuck without a team because of that nothing against vg guys but they only register here when vg is off next season they will leave like last season

Good luck to all have fun and have a great season

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum