Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
the powerhouse fall EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
the powerhouse fall EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
the powerhouse fall EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
the powerhouse fall EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
the powerhouse fall EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
the powerhouse fall EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
the powerhouse fall EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
the powerhouse fall EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
the powerhouse fall EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » the powerhouse fall

the powerhouse fall

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1the powerhouse fall Empty the powerhouse fall on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:56 pm

bufford80

So all season we heard of this great powerhouse in NJD. So gohawks gets his wish of best dman in nhl jaqueezy combine with stamkos and hell star. They form a team that shouldnt be beaten by anyone in the SP league. So they face the NYR in 1st round of playoffs and lose. Im sure the SO CALLED 2 BEST DMAN in nhl 14 r hurt and upset bt my question is how does a team NYR with no offence talent beat such a powerhouse? On another note jaq ur why am I so good status just decline a bit IMO.

[23:03:21] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : buff > aggro
[01:11:04] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Wtf lol stamkos isnt really anything
[22:42:10] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : HAM..... you're a pest. thats why you got steal.... my bad. don't screw it up eh...lol
[16:32:18] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : so im not the only one who has the shame of losing to ham
[03:34:01] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : no one is getting paid to play
[03:34:06] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : its the internet

2the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:04 am

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
Bufford see me in your sig? Yeah well that still stands lol.

Although we do have offense and proved it this series. It was a fun series and full credit for the wins go out to Seb ultimately. This kid who flew under the radar made save after save for us. He won us games and kept us in the series. Seb, my dawg! Everyone thought we were getting swept when lets be honest that wasn't going to happen if we won or lost the series. Be realistic.

Also, many people bashed my trades but ultimately it helped us more then it hurt us. Because of that trade we were able to pull out of this series. NJ played tough. They had the presidents trophy curse. Its happened.

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

3the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:12 am

LaPlante94

LaPlante94
Shut up bufford.

4the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:14 am

bufford80

<3 lap

[23:03:21] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : buff > aggro
[01:11:04] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Wtf lol stamkos isnt really anything
[22:42:10] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : HAM..... you're a pest. thats why you got steal.... my bad. don't screw it up eh...lol
[16:32:18] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : so im not the only one who has the shame of losing to ham
[03:34:01] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : no one is getting paid to play
[03:34:06] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : its the internet

5the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:18 am

ryno1354

ryno1354
"how does a team NYR with no offence talent beat such a powerhouse?"

yea, a richard winner sucks at offense, going 3-0 on rw, 2 game winners, with my teammates playin well,  we may not be the biggest names, but the fact of the matter is, our offense got the job done,  even while having less than a fourth of their toa most of the series, instead of dancing in corners forcing shit, we made goals happen

3x First Round Pick
All Time Bum
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/204783622987814/

6the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:28 am

bufford80

Im talking compared to the NJD ryno.

7the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:43 am

LaPlante94

LaPlante94
ryno1354 wrote:"how does a team NYR with no offence talent beat such a powerhouse?"

yea, a richard winner sucks at offense, going 3-0 on rw, 2 game winners, with my teammates playin well,  we may not be the biggest names, but the fact of the matter is, our offense got the job done,  even while having less than a fourth of their toa most of the series, instead of dancing in corners forcing shit, we made goals happen
Easy now fella

8the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:57 am

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
ryno1354 wrote:"how does a team NYR with no offence talent beat such a powerhouse?"

My boyyyy! +1

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

9the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:23 am

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
I know Buff is trying to set it up where I insult him or whatever but c'mon, that's what everyone does when he attempts trash talk. I like to be different.

Anyways,

People put too much stock into names. We made a mistake of trading Jew and Fluri, a lot of that was peer pressure that I caved in on. That was a mistake that I won't ever let happen again. They were my draft picks for a reason.

You throw out a fwd line full of playmakers and this is what happens. For how much talent we had at the forward line, it consisted of guys never getting chemistry and not trusting each other. Also too much worrying about Jaq and I, forcing us the puck in a ton of bad situations leading to odd man rushes and breakaways. I've never been so hung out to dry with the puck in the Ozone. The key thing that ruined this series though is that up 3-1, Trets decided he was gonna fool around the whole game while speaking jibberish on the mic. After he was told to knock it off, he responded by making a goon build in Game 6 and just trying to goon. These are things people don't hear about though. The kid is a good player, ridiculously good with the puck and great vision when he actually passes but he has no respect for anyone.

I also laid down exactly what needed to be done to beat the Rangers after 1. We didn't do it in Game 2, 3 and 4 yet still managed to win. We didn't do it in Game 5, 6 and 7 and we lost. I've always said that winning in this game is as easy as listening to me. Last year's Devils did with twice as less talent and won a cup, this years Devils team didn't and choked. I give the Rangers their credit, for sure, but this was a choke job more than anything.

As for Stamkos, underrated player. Easy to hate because he throws fits and he was on NAS and backouts, etc etc etc. He's a way better player than alot of the garbage players this community tries to overrate. He's not going to do dangles all over the place, he's a true playmaker. He has a certain style that is hard for people to get chemistry with, that's not his fault. Give me Stammer at C over any of you anyday.

As for myself, you underestimate how I go about my business. There was no rage after the game from me. I've been out-trolling you all for years and will continue to do so season after season, game after game.

Season 16 Los Angeles Kings

Season 15 Norris Trophy Winner

10the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:43 am

sgill19

^who is this guy... and didn't read.... anyways... still a bad trade.

11the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:03 am

RED-_-DEVIL4202

bufford80 wrote:So all season we heard of this great powerhouse in NJD. So gohawks gets his wish of best dman in nhl jaqueezy combine with stamkos and hell star. They form a team that shouldnt be beaten by anyone in the SP league. So they face the NYR in 1st round of playoffs and lose. Im sure the SO CALLED 2 BEST DMAN in nhl 14 r hurt and upset bt my question is how does a team NYR with no offence talent beat such a powerhouse? On another note jaq ur why am I so good status just decline a bit IMO.

LOL no offensive talent... defense wins games, and thats what we do, you can have all the offense in the world but TEAM D wins games, thats why nj lost, sure they have a "powerhouse"team but they have absolutely no team D, 3 forwards forechecking makes for an easy rush, sure they outplayed us a few games more than likely, but their defensewas sub par and fairly easy to get past. DDon't doubt a team with "no offensive.talent" they'll get you, and we clearly proved that.

Matt, ryno, amd leg are great forwards, just because they aren't well known and egotistical like most of you doesn't mean they have no talent. Id take any of them over that scrub stamkos any day.

GoHawks496 wrote:
I know Buff is trying to set it up where I insult him or whatever but c'mon, that's what everyone does when he attempts trash talk. I like to be different.

Anyways,

People put too much stock into names. We made a mistake of trading Jew and Fluri, a lot of that was peer pressure that I caved in on. That was a mistake that I won't ever let happen again. They were my draft picks for a reason.

You throw out a fwd line full of playmakers and this is what happens. For how much talent we had at the forward line, it consisted of guys never getting chemistry and not trusting each other. Also too much worrying about Jaq and I, forcing us the puck in a ton of bad situations leading to odd man rushes and breakaways. I've never been so hung out to dry with the puck in the Ozone. The key thing that ruined this series though is that up 3-1, Trets decided he was gonna fool around the whole game while speaking jibberish on the mic. After he was told to knock it off, he responded by making a goon build in Game 6 and just trying to goon. These are things people don't hear about though. The kid is a good player, ridiculously good with the puck and great vision when he actually passes but he has no respect for anyone.

I also laid down exactly what needed to be done to beat the Rangers after 1. We didn't do it in Game 2, 3 and 4 yet still managed to win. We didn't do it in Game 5, 6 and 7 and we lost. I've always said that winning in this game is as easy as listening to me. Last year's Devils did with twice as less talent and won a cup, this years Devils team didn't and choked. I give the Rangers their credit, for sure, but this was a choke job more than anything.

As for Stamkos, underrated player. Easy to hate because he throws fits and he was on NAS and backouts, etc etc etc. He's a way better player than alot of the garbage players this community tries to overrate. He's not going to do dangles all over the place, he's a true playmaker. He has a certain style that is hard for people to get chemistry with, that's not his fault. Give me Stammer at C over any of you anyday.

As for myself, you underestimate how I go about my business. There was no rage after the game from me. I've been out-trolling you all for years and will continue to do so season after season, game after game.

Love how the first excuse was that someone on our team IP Flooded hellstar. Now its TRETS threw 2 games, then its because of a full line of playmakers.

I have to laugh at the part where you say the forwards forced you the puck a ton. The games i took part in they didn't force you the pucks, they passed to both of you, but you held it for days, trying to do as the forwards you have do, and thats attempting to dipsy doodle to the slot and try and rip a wrister or slapper top shelf, then you get stripped and were on an odd man rush because your team doesn't know how to cover your dmen (another reason why stamkos sucks)

How about instead of coming up with excuses, or placing blame on trets or any other bs you spew, how about blame the team as a whole and realize that 'Top players" don't win cups.

You guys owned us in TOA nearly every game, but it was soo predictable what every player was going to do, pass the puck around a bit and one player is gonna carry the puck to the slot and rip a wrister or slapper... where were you all aiming every time, high short side....  What was your game plan that you speak of? i'm sure you guys were doing exactly as you wanted except SCORE & WIN.

"People put too much stock into names." i agree, it's pretty clear after this series that names mean nothing, and nobodies can come out on top.

Couple tips for you hawk:

Quick Release
Better Defense (especially getting forwards who know what defense is)

You're a decent GM from what i can tell, but you clearly try to get players who are very well known for their offence and nothing else....

I know i did nearly nothing in this series as i only played 2 games, but thats besides the point, the way you all played was very clear from game 1, and was noticable that there wasn't going to be a difference in style no matter who you put out there.

Have fun golfing and see you whatever season i come back Smile  & Good luck to NYR in round 2 Smile 

end rant/

12the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 7:48 am

Fluri37

I'm glad I got shown some respect in this thread even though I have said nothing.  Jon is a good guy, and tells the truth....some people dont like it....but from the time I played there I gained new respect for how some people actually play the game.  Mind you, I did want them to win cause I wanted the pleasure of knocking them out myself......but it is what it is.

Good season and good series either way.  From what I got to see was an intense series.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[22:39:50] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : See ham dont even care
[22:40:01] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : sorry
[22:40:07] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : i was stuffing my face with cock

13the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 9:44 am

Rush_Grant

Rush_Grant
IP flooding is both the dumbest and most pathetic excuse I've ever heard. How bout u guys didn't get it done and as far as game 7 went I didn't see much playmaking other than the SH goal. A lot of dangling and skating into 2 guys,forcing the D Not many shots. And trets always has and always will act like a bratty 12 y/o kid has talent but it can only be channelled in extremely small doses with the right pieces beside him. He's selfish just like most of the big egos unless they're playing with other elites

14the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 11:47 am

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Dmen hold the puck because the forwards don't go where he want eventhough we told them before every game where we wanted them to go.

Only learned two things from this season.

1) Always trust your better instinct and don't make trades based on what everyone else wants. I'm smarter than everyone else, only my opinion matters, I need to always remind myself of this in the future.

2) I love Spud The Scrub, sexually.

15the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 11:52 am

Diirty_Triix_13

Diirty_Triix_13
alright NJ lost, all you guys need to rip on us because of it ? we all can handle the loss, we beat our selfs owell its a fucking video game an theres always next season, no need to be a bunch of fucking assholes. holy fuck man, you won the fucking series show some sportsmanship. i feel like im being attached for losing a fucking playoff series and my name wasnt even brought up i dont think. fucking brutal guys, grow up and win like mature winners, not like clowns. good job NYR, and rest of the teams moving on to next round.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : you dont gotta call dibs sabres.. trix already made you his B!%@&

14x ALL STAR

16the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:27 pm

Chamberlian

Chamberlian
Jon own your loss.. You blame your forwards for the games and your peers for your trades. Just curious who would have got credit if you did win. Own it and evolve your good for the league don't pass blame like allot of these other pussies.

17the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:40 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Where have I not owned the loss?

Did I play my best? Nah. But when I don't feel like playing, that tends to happen.

It's simple really. Do as I say, you win the games. That's all it takes. We didn't do that, Trets goofed around, Rangers played really good. Everything went perfect for the Rangers, they won. What more needs to be said?

18the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:46 pm

Chomper4

Diirty_Triix_13 wrote:alright NJ lost, all you guys need to rip on us because of it ? we all can handle the loss, we beat our selfs owell its a fucking video game an theres always next season, no need to be a bunch of fucking assholes. holy fuck man, you won the fucking series show some sportsmanship. i feel like im being attached for losing a fucking playoff series and my name wasnt even brought up i dont think. fucking brutal guys, grow up and win like mature winners, not like clowns. good job NYR, and rest of the teams moving on to next round.

I think you're taking it a bit far.  While you may not have said anything and only joined NJ late in the season, when people talk as much as Jon and AJ do, everyone is going to come out when they lose.  That just comes with the territory of talking a lot and also being the best.  When they best loses, people come out and have a few things to say about it.  Ive dealt with that in seasons where my team choked or whatever.  It happens.  I personally think trash talk is good for the forum if you do it without attacking specific players etc.  Its a shame that everyone gets so butthurt over some words on a screen from people they don't know.

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

19the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:28 pm

Spud_the_Scrub

Spud_the_Scrub
GoHawks496 wrote:Dmen hold the puck because the forwards don't go where he want eventhough we told them before every game where we wanted them to go.

Only learned two things from this season.

1) Always trust your better instinct and don't make trades based on what everyone else wants. I'm smarter than everyone else, only my opinion matters, I need to always remind myself of this in the future.

2) I love Spud The Scrub, sexually.
ohh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

20the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:31 pm

Diirty_Triix_13

Diirty_Triix_13
Chomper4 wrote:
Diirty_Triix_13 wrote:alright NJ lost, all you guys need to rip on us because of it ? we all can handle the loss, we beat our selfs owell its a fucking video game an theres always next season, no need to be a bunch of fucking assholes. holy fuck man, you won the fucking series show some sportsmanship. i feel like im being attached for losing a fucking playoff series and my name wasnt even brought up i dont think. fucking brutal guys, grow up and win like mature winners, not like clowns. good job NYR, and rest of the teams moving on to next round.

I think you're taking it a bit far.  While you may not have said anything and only joined NJ late in the season, when people talk as much as Jon and AJ do, everyone is going to come out when they lose.  That just comes with the territory of talking a lot and also being the best.  When they best loses, people come out and have a few things to say about it.  Ive dealt with that in seasons where my team choked or whatever.  It happens.  I personally think trash talk is good for the forum if you do it without attacking specific players etc.  Its a shame that everyone gets so butthurt over some words on a screen from people they don't know.

your right i dont see any names brought up yet. my bad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : you dont gotta call dibs sabres.. trix already made you his B!%@&

14x ALL STAR

21the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:38 pm

RED-_-DEVIL4202

You're being ripped on because of the teams ego throughout the season, the fact that sooo many excuses have been thrown around and pointing blame at a select few. 

Clearly egos go hurt from this loss and its hilarious to see the crying because of it. 

Gohawks, you say you dmen held the puck because forwards didn't go where you wanted. When in doubt get it out (since it was in the ozone you could have just threw it downlow or on net) but I think saying forwards didnt go where you wanted is bs. You and Jaq both tried to weave your way to the slot and just got stripped.

Theres noone to blame for losing, blame the team as a whole, and don't come up with idiotic excuses to protect egos...

22the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:49 pm

Pass_2_win

Pass_2_win
its not about who u have its about how well they play together in new jersey's case.... not so well

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[15:34:32] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : pass is one of the better centers

23the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
 You and Jaq both tried to weave your way to the slot and just got stripped

That's absolutely not true. All I did that series was put the puck on net. You guys did a good job taking away the boards, pass down low was never open and the slot was always clogged. My only option was to put it on net and that was what I did. I don't remember ever trying to dangle to the slot, again it was clogged and I'm not gonna risk a high turn over like that. 

24the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:05 pm

B-Bunny

You're one of the trades he's talking about that fucked them.

GJ

[16:32:47] Ballachick3 : bunny is an asshole, so he must get all girls right? lol
---
[17:44:47] xTheWildCard-51 : i had to suck some virtual dick
---
[02:25:13] Sabres1414 : So yea my job has sooo many bangable (idc if that's a word) girls
[02:25:36] Sabres1414 : i'm a virgin still
[02:25:52] B-Bunny: gay?
-----
[12/19/2013 9:12:01 PM] Coltcrazy  : I had no clue who u were bunny until I joined sp your a nobody

25the powerhouse fall Empty Re: the powerhouse fall on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:13 pm

RED-_-DEVIL4202

Jaqueezy27 wrote: You and Jaq both tried to weave your way to the slot and just got stripped

That's absolutely not true. All I did that series was put the puck on net. You guys did a good job taking away the boards, pass down low was never open and the slot was always clogged. My only option was to put it on net and that was what I did. I don't remember ever trying to dangle to the slot, again it was clogged and I'm not gonna risk a high turn over like that. 

It may have been gohawks trying it every time in game 3, I don't know. But what I saw was dmen trying to cut into the slot and rip er top shelf (how illest shoots) it was predictable what the whole team wanted to do, there were zero changes, just force the slot lol 

Either way, there is no point in placing blame on a select few when the team as a whole made plenty of mistakes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum