Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
Retirement  - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » Retirement

Retirement

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

1Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Retirement on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:23 pm

I9I-stamkos-I1IC

First topic message reminder :

I would just like to Announce my retirement if we lose to the rangers tonight, if we win I will sign up for next season. I have been lucky to play under great GM,s except for Joshb when chomper traded me -_- 

The reason for retiring is if we can't even beat a team like the rangers, with the players that we have, the game must be flawed. Thus, my time could be put towards something a little more productive. 

I would like to thank pliskin and the spnhl staff for having me in the league and creating a some variety from the vagina league. 

Thanks again and good luck to the remainder of the teams this season.

26Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:35 am

IIChEcKMaTeII

HAM wrote:NJ lost.

Bye been fun having you. its a shame that a player of your elite caliber cant even finish a game like a man. Coward.

its his signature move.... been rage quittin since NHL 09
#CANTWINEMALL
#CRYABOUTIT

Skype- IIChEcKMaTeII

27Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:26 am

RED-_-DEVIL4202

I9I-stamkos-I1IC wrote:I would just like to Announce my retirement if we lose to the rangers tonight, if we win I will sign up for next season. I have been lucky to play under great GM,s except for Joshb when chomper traded me -_- 

The reason for retiring is if we can't even beat a team like the rangers, with the players that we have, the game must be flawed. Thus, my time could be put towards something a little more productive. 

I would like to thank pliskin and the spnhl staff for having me in the league and creating a some variety from the vagina league. 

The game must be flawed? LOL youre just a predictable scrub with no actual talent. 

Awww I can't beat nobodies with my humongous ego, lets place blame on everything but myself. 

You're bad, your whole team tried the same 2 things, none ofyou know what defense is, get skill bum

Just because people aren't well known by you egotistical douchebags doesn't mean their bad Wink

28Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:52 am

joshb12345

RED-_-DEVIL4202 wrote:
I9I-stamkos-I1IC wrote:I would just like to Announce my retirement if we lose to the rangers tonight, if we win I will sign up for next season. I have been lucky to play under great GM,s except for Joshb when chomper traded me -_- 

The game must be flawed? LOL youre just a predictable scrub with no actual talent. 

Awww I can't beat nobodies with my humongous ego, lets place blame on everything but myself. 

You're bad, your whole team tried the same 2 things, none ofyou know what defense is, get skill bum

Just because people aren't well known by you egotistical douchebags doesn't mean their bad Wink
ur getting a bit ahead of urself right now, he may b a little crybaby but hes still better than u hes a top c in this league and everyone knows of the playmaking abilities that he has....

29Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 5:26 am

RED-_-DEVIL4202

joshb12345 wrote:
RED-_-DEVIL4202 wrote:

ur getting a bit ahead of urself right now, he may b a little crybaby but hes still better than u hes a top c in this league and everyone knows of the playmaking abilities that he has....

Right on. Being a top C certainly got him far LOL

He can playmake, right on, not that hard but his playmaking didn't work out well against some nobodies now did it......... What he can't do is defend.

Also, how do you know he's better than me? You've seen me play what...1 time? 

pleaseeee, kids a crybaby, can't get his forces through so lets retire because of that and because can't handle losing to a defensive team.

His ego is hurt. Shows what kind of guy he is to retire over something sooo pathetic.

30Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 5:28 am

B-Bunny

joshb12345 wrote:
RED-_-DEVIL4202 wrote:

You stink Smile

[16:32:47] Ballachick3 : bunny is an asshole, so he must get all girls right? lol
---
[17:44:47] xTheWildCard-51 : i had to suck some virtual dick
---
[02:25:13] Sabres1414 : So yea my job has sooo many bangable (idc if that's a word) girls
[02:25:36] Sabres1414 : i'm a virgin still
[02:25:52] B-Bunny: gay?
-----
[12/19/2013 9:12:01 PM] Coltcrazy  : I had no clue who u were bunny until I joined sp your a nobody

31Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 7:32 am

austin2997

Good series NJ. It easily could've went the other way.

32Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 10:48 am

I9I-stamkos-I1IC

Alright so a lot of criticism here, so i just want to clear up a few things and then the thread can be locked or whatever.

1. As for me 'Rage Quiting'. - There was 54 seconds left i poked the goalie hoping for a loose puck but instead got a fight, game was 6-3 it was over no point of me sitting in the box the rest of the game.

2. Everyone saying I'm bad and don't know how to play D, i mean its easy to play the blame game, I thought i played a good two way defending game style throughout the season. Anyone that has clubbed with me, can highlight the fact that i can get back and play good positionally to stop the opposing team from entering the zone and in the defensive zone.

No one talks about how the rangers went offside 20 times, because i was back or hawks or aj or whoever stopped them at the blue line or forced them to create mistakes to establish turnovers and then the puck went the other way. 

3. There is no reason for you to castigate me for my gameplay. I made a thread saying if we lose to the rangers ill retire. Thats all their is to it. Move on, the games over Nj lost, congrats to the rangers for winning (do they necessarily deserve it, thats up for deliberation, but none the less they are advancing), i have moved on some of you people do as well. 

4. As far as the no bodies on Nyr i did not say that, i said on paper we are better then you. Does the best team on paper always win? Fuck no they don't, that is why the sport industry has such a big entertainment sector and fan base, because we live for these kinds of upsets. Obv this is a video game and no one really gives a fuck if the Virtual Nj devils lost in the first round, but hopefully see my point.

5. I would just like to shout out to legendary (definitely should of drafted you when i had chance) , u played a solid series, definitely the reason your team won other then your goaltenders strong play when needed was a benifactor. 

6. Red Devil (i don't know who you really are) i guess i have offended you in some way. Um all i want to really say is  "cool story bro". 

Ill talk a little more about some other things at a later point, I'm kind of busy right now and don't have time to troll the forums. Anyways, good season Nj, id like to thank Hellstar and goshawks for organizing a great team um until maybe the yan trade. Aj your a great d as well. And thank you to the spnhl staff

33Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:39 pm

Chomper4

Stam left everyone speechless with that post.  IDK why everyone dogs Stams D anymore.  I can recall in 13 when I had Stam and there were a few defensive issues, but it wasn't b/c he didn't get back.  He adjusted back then and I thought he was a beast in 14.  I know his rep as a douchebag along with the fact that threads like this never end will has brought some of you mouthy people out, but let's be honest, Stam is better than most of the people talking in this thread.  Good luck in life Stam.  Hopefully we'll see you back here soon

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

34Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:30 pm

Rush_Grant

Rush_Grant
Classy post by Stammer. I've only ever played vs and not with stamkos. Massive lol to anyone dogging his talent or dedication to this league. They guy is a perennial top 7 scorer his team is always near the top and I'm pretty sure a great teammate. I guess a lot of hate towards Stamkos stems for EASHL but have never had an issue with him there either. Hopefully he has a change of heart and joins us again in season 13. If not all the best bud hopefully u don't take too long of a break

35Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:09 pm

Pass_2_win

Pass_2_win
Chomper4 wrote:Stam left everyone speechless with that post.  IDK why everyone dogs Stams D anymore.  I can recall in 13 when I had Stam and there were a few defensive issues, but it wasn't b/c he didn't get back.  He adjusted back then and I thought he was a beast in 14.  I know his rep as a douchebag along with the fact that threads like this never end will has brought some of you mouthy people out, but let's be honest, Stam is better than most of the people talking in this thread.  Good luck in life Stam.  Hopefully we'll see you back here soon
#Pass_2_winSeason12 btw just saying with stam leaving does that mean im the best C in the league now?

[15:34:32] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : pass is one of the better centers

36Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:09 pm

B-Bunny

Chomper4 wrote:Stam left everyone speechless with that post.  IDK why everyone dogs Stams D anymore.  I can recall in 13 when I had Stam and there were a few defensive issues, but it wasn't b/c he didn't get back.  He adjusted back then and I thought he was a beast in 14.  I know his rep as a douchebag along with the fact that threads like this never end will has brought some of you mouthy people out, but let's be honest, Stam is better than most of the people talking in this thread.  Good luck in life Stam.  Hopefully we'll see you back here soon
You suck.

[16:32:47] Ballachick3 : bunny is an asshole, so he must get all girls right? lol
---
[17:44:47] xTheWildCard-51 : i had to suck some virtual dick
---
[02:25:13] Sabres1414 : So yea my job has sooo many bangable (idc if that's a word) girls
[02:25:36] Sabres1414 : i'm a virgin still
[02:25:52] B-Bunny: gay?
-----
[12/19/2013 9:12:01 PM] Coltcrazy  : I had no clue who u were bunny until I joined sp your a nobody

37Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:20 pm

LaPlante94

LaPlante94
In Stamkos defense he wasn't the best defender in NHL 13 but in 14 he improved in that area a lot and became more of a complete player which is important for the position he plays.

38Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:37 pm

Chomper4

LaPlante94 wrote:In Stamkos defense he wasn't the best defender in NHL 13 but in 14 he improved in that area a lot and became more of a complete player which is important for the position he plays.

^^^

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

39Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:53 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
Stamkos is a great player and a good guy contrary to what people believe. I don't think anyone has talked as much shit about him & his EASHL team as Jon and I have but I enjoyed playing with him. After having played a season with him I can confidently say hes the best C in the league and I'd take him over any FWD in the league period. He was our most valuable player all season, if it wasn't for Stamkos I wouldn't have got 40 goals as a dman, he made it easy.

40Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:03 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
Stamkos is a great player and probably one of NJ's best forwards in the series along with the season but when he makes a post like this, it frustrates me.

Puts into the question of what if he was on say Vancouver for the season, would he have quit the season? If he makes a retirement post after losing a playoff series to a #4 seed team then I don't want to even know what would of happened if he was on a bad team. I personally don't like or prefer this kind of mentality. Hopefully the new rules will fish these players out. If you actually do retire then I feel bad for you considering this is just a video game and no need to retire from a league since you lost to a "bad" team. Regardless, good luck to you Stamkos in the future. I know I talk shit to you but its all in good fun Very Happy

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

41Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:14 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Fish these players out? Give me a break.

He dedicated all his time to the SP this year eventhough he was on one of the top VG teams too only to see it all be pissed away by a 15 year old retard. No one should blame him for being pissed.

Season 16 Los Angeles Kings

Season 15 Norris Trophy Winner

42Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
Jon if he was on a bad team would he have done the same? Probably not. That's what im saying. He stays on a top, cup winning team for 2 seasons and after they lose to a #4 seed he makes a post to retire JUST for losing? Give me a break.

43Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:22 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Do you honestly think he's going to retire for good? I don't think so.

Heat of the moment kind of thing.

44Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:24 pm

Snipe_snipe_420

GoHawks496 wrote:Fish these players out? Give me a break.

He dedicated all his time to the SP this year eventhough he was on one of the top VG teams too only to see it all be pissed away by a 15 year old retard. No one should blame him for being pissed.
And look what happened to him while on this top vg team.  he raged in a playoff game and got a 2 game suspension.  and go figure the team tied the series up during his absensce.  So we all know he is, has, ans always will be a rager.  Rage on my friend

45Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:51 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
I like ragers

46Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm

Chomper4

HAM wrote:Stamkos is a great player and probably one of NJ's best forwards in the series along with the season but when he makes a post like this, it frustrates me.

Puts into the question of what if he was on say Vancouver for the season, would he have quit the season? If he makes a retirement post after losing a playoff series to a #4 seed team then I don't want to even know what would of happened if he was on a bad team. I personally don't like or prefer this kind of mentality. Hopefully the new rules will fish these players out. If you actually do retire then I feel bad for you considering this is just a video game and no need to retire from a league since you lost to a "bad" team. Regardless, good luck to you Stamkos in the future. I know I talk shit to you but its all in good fun Very Happy

Stamkos was on 2 pretty bad teams in previous seasons with Pliskin I believe it was.  He stuck it out so that puts an end to the speculation of what would he do on a bad team.

47Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
Ragers are the best kinds of people to have on your team. It just shows they care, what's wrong with playing with passion and intensity? You should admire it.

48Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:59 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
Chomper4 wrote:
HAM wrote:Stamkos is a great player and probably one of NJ's best forwards in the series along with the season but when he makes a post like this, it frustrates me.

Stamkos was on 2 pretty bad teams in previous seasons with Pliskin I believe it was.  He stuck it out so that puts an end to the speculation of what would he do on a bad team.
Was he? Didn't know that but maybe times have changed. Hopefully he sticks with the league and doesn't quit because of this god awful reason.

49Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 7:50 pm

LaPlante94

LaPlante94
I remember this one time stamkos said I was weird because I waited until 10 pm to eat dinner so he didn't have to eat alone.

50Retirement  - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 8:11 pm

Pass_2_win

Pass_2_win
LaPlante94 wrote:I remember this one time stamkos said I was weird because I waited until 10 pm to eat dinner so he didn't have to eat alone.
was it at bandcamp?

[15:34:32] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : pass is one of the better centers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum