Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
New Rule Idea EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
New Rule Idea EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
New Rule Idea EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
New Rule Idea EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
New Rule Idea EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
New Rule Idea EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
New Rule Idea EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
New Rule Idea EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
New Rule Idea EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » New Rule Idea

New Rule Idea

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New Rule Idea Empty New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm

ryno1354

ryno1354
with all the commotion over bad deals not just in this season but in previous,  I think and I'm sure I'm not alone, that there needs to be a way to stop bad trades from going threw, new jersey has been handed a team for two seasons,  (great management of doing so by hellstar). chomp had been handed guys in the past,

so I'm proposing some type of system or a group of guys to verify a trade, just making sure a team doesn't completely lose out from stupidity, I understand that it is their team and they can do what they want,  but doing so makes playing less emjoyable

I know some people won't agree but I'd like to see a change in how trades go through

3x First Round Pick
All Time Bum
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/204783622987814/

2New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:25 pm

I9I-stamkos-I1IC

Or you just get rid of all these horrid GM's that are stupid enough to make the trades in the first place

3New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:27 pm

Freefaii

Freefaii
I've always said try one year with who you draft is who you play with! 
A year of no trades!!!
That would solve this issue

4New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:27 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
A good idea Ryno, but who would do that? A trade is based on peoples opinions. I agree some STUPID trades have been made this season by some GMs... but all in all there is usually a backround story to a trade being made to help benefit a GM.

Example:

Dirty_Triix for Killerrampage and Combackkid or something like that. AVNG needed a goalie so he got 1. Was it a fair trade? In my opinion no. Triix is a top forward in the league and Killer is VG and hasn't strived like he usually does. But it benefited AVNG. So there always is a backround usually and its all based on one's opinion.

Just the way I see it.

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

5New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:36 pm

cfaia30

Only way I think this could be pulled off is let the staff, guys with the @ that aren't gms, vote yes or no. If no then the trade gets brought to Plisk who has final say on a possible veto. Guys that have been in the league a while can pretty safely say that Plisk would make a final decision based totally on merit and keep any personal concerns (about his own teams success) completely out of the equation.

[11:56:09] Killerrampage : Cfaia is decent... If he'd shutup for once
[19:37:28] [b]@ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : [/b]cfaia >>> Tampabay >>> ryno

6New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:44 pm

fanofbilickihair

If we increased the resign cap a little bit i think it would solve the issue because then a lot of gms would know that there wouldn't be that many good players in the draft and be less likely to trade away their top players.

7New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:55 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
Since new rules are being discussed, I think we should consider taking resigns out. Have teams start fresh every season so there isn't always a powerhouse team. Teams that do good in a season have a good core, which keeps them good. But the teams that are at the bottom of the standings, usually don't have a good core. Usually all the best players are resigns and that leaves bad teams with average players to build off of. Its something to consider.

8New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:58 pm

xTheWildCard-51

xTheWildCard-51
There are very few people who would be intelligent enough to properly judge trades - the value of players, to each team specifically and in the eyes of the league. 80% of the league has opinions on players that mirror those of the GMs the community makes fun of. On top of that, there will always be a bias. It's very difficult to say who of those very few intelligent people would be genuine and virtuous enough to look at trades objectively. 

There are very few requirements for such a comity to work, but people with those requirements are rare to come by. Chances are next to nothing that something like this would work.

https://www.facebook.com/LeafsSource

9New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:03 pm

xTheWildCard-51

xTheWildCard-51
HAM wrote:Since new rules are being discussed, I think we should consider taking resigns out. Have teams start fresh every season so there isn't always a powerhouse team. Teams that do good in a season have a good core, which keeps them good. But the teams that are at the bottom of the standings, usually don't have a good core. Usually all the best players are resigns and that leaves bad teams with average players to build off of. Its something to consider.

This helps absolutely nothing. The league used the system which you speak of for a handful of seasons, and there were always stacked teams. The system doesn't matter if you have stupid GMs, and we presently have stupid fucking GMs.

10New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:07 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
xTheWildCard-51 wrote:
HAM wrote:Since new rules are being discussed, I think we should consider taking resigns out. Have teams start fresh every season so there isn't always a powerhouse team. Teams that do good in a season have a good core, which keeps them good. But the teams that are at the bottom of the standings, usually don't have a good core. Usually all the best players are resigns and that leaves bad teams with average players to build off of. Its something to consider.

This helps absolutely nothing. The league used the system which you speak of for a handful of seasons, and there were always stacked teams. The system doesn't matter if you have stupid GMs, and we presently have stupid fucking GMs.

They did really? Damn its a shame that it didn't work.

11New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:12 pm

LaPlante94

LaPlante94
GMs that step down suddenly should not be able to be traded from the team they are on and the trades they make before they step down should be approved by the new GM taking over.

12New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm

ryno1354

ryno1354
but while we discuss new things, I would also like to see a possible new start, have the auction draft like we used to, new gms or same guys, then after that season reinstate the current attack,  idk bout other people but I'm tired of seeing the same guys on the same team season after season

3x First Round Pick
All Time Bum
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/204783622987814/

13New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:28 pm

xTheWildCard-51

xTheWildCard-51
HAM wrote:
xTheWildCard-51 wrote:

They did really? Damn its a shame that it didn't work.

Seasons 1-4. Every team started with a clean slate. There was at least one, maybe two, seasons where a draft was used with the clean slate of teams. Which I assume is what you were implying, clean slate + draft. Pretty sure that's when one of the best teams ever created - in NHL 12 - was built. Season 3 I think. Other seasons there was bidding. Those seasons were better, but it was still extremely bad. The original season 5 also involved bidding, and again there were two stacked teams. Fortunately enough the site was hacked, the season was restarted with a new system which was built during the time the league was shut down as it was being recreated.

Four variations of systems have been tried, at least while I've been here. One thing that has stayed consistent, is the GMs that are not cut out for the position. And this is not Pliskins' fault. People blindly seem to blame him for all the issues the league has. He is limited to pick GMs from the list of folks who are willing to be GMs. And those lists are always garbage - full of league first timers, 12 year olds, folks who don't have time and people who simply just don't know how to value players. This leads to bad drafts/trades, GMs stepping down, and even less qualified GMs taking over teams mid-season and continuing the cycle into following seasons.

It's an infernal fucking mess.

Last edited by xTheWildCard-51 on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

14New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:33 pm

xTheWildCard-51

xTheWildCard-51
ryno1354 wrote:but while we discuss new things, I would also like to see a possible new start, have the auction draft like we used to, new gms or same guys, then after that season reinstate the current attack,  idk bout other people but I'm tired of seeing the same guys on the same team season after season

Last time we had bidding, v2 went for 12M, Killer went for 2M and Jazz went for 3.5M.

15New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:36 pm

henny_16

lmao who would pay 2m for Killer Razz ... oh wait I did   bounce

Detroit Red Wings RW #16

Detroit General Manager

16New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:55 pm

Ballachick3

Being on Toronto all season this year has really opened my eyes...I have seen lots of players come and go..same cycle...get to team...whine, bitch, quit games,..ask for trade,if not granted right away dont show up and bam they get what they want..all of a sudden on their new team, they are playing every game, and usually we get shit in return..This season has been horrible..I have not once asked for a trade, whined,bitched, whatever...and get no where..So really what I am seeing is doing what you are suppose to gets you know where..Yes, I am vg 1st but still only miss 4 games a week, unless i work late...And every game its a new bunch so how do you get chemistry?Even though we were out of the playoffs a while ago, I still stuck it out and shown up ready to play, which is not easy...I guess the morale is, there is becoming no need to do the right thing and be loyal anymore. Pretty much everyone who helped us be shitty and helped us FF games is off to a better team, which is not fair...I could easily get traded to a playoff team this last week, but I didn't earn it...I mean as an individual I did all the right things, but as a team we didnt make it so why should I get traded to a playoff team? But, of course you get players that didn't give 2 shits and didn't show, but they get traded and do not have to pay for what they did..
You can not really stop stupid trades, but you can put a deadline or something where people dont get shipped out the last week because they throw a fit like a little baby...and I am not kidding, that's what they are...over a video game league...I am sorry but having a captain that is never around, that is just non sense...And Mike is left with all the pieces and is trying everything he can to field a team, but hes getting blasted at now, and he didnt even start this mess..Something has got to change bc not many people would have put up with what I have...and I give props to Mike for handing in there and taking over what was left...

17New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:58 pm

Chomper4

I agree with everything Aman said.  The only thing that I think would solve this issue is...

GMs stop accommodating players who want to be traded's wishlist of teams to go to.  First off, if they don't want to play for you, why you sending them to a top team to go win and have fun while your team still sucks and suffers?  Do what Henny did to Aman the one year he wanted out.  Ship them to the worst teams, point and laugh and say fuck you.

Im not gonna complain b/c I often benefit from this, but Ive heard several times this year from GMs that so and so wants a trade and he wants to go to NJ or SJ.  Tell them gfy and send them to some bottom feeder team.

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

18New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm

Way2Goal

Way2Goal
I have been on good teams and bad teams and not once have i asked for a trade...trust me when i say i should have and not because of losing but being called worthless by your own teamates countless times never less i show up for every game and try my best...im not refereeing to my teamates this season though they have bit there tongues lol

19New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 3:16 pm

Chamberlian

Chamberlian
Qualified GM's. 

20New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 4:39 pm

CraftySnail680

CraftySnail680
um yeah that would be a great rule. micro manage GMs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[18:22:38] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Actual talent is irrelevant
[18:30:37] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : I'm not a yeller
[20:29:54] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Fat chicks know they have to try
[16:19:36] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : why is ham so gay

21New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm

joof_duvich

I personally like when teams stay consistent. I don't try to pay attention to who's on what team since the teams will completely switch next year.

It does seem like a good idea to have ppl stay on a team for a set period of time. someone said a player was traded, and then complained and traded again. That one player just altered 3 teams in a few days. WE only have 12 teams so that's 25% of the league uprooted for 1 player's lack of community.

What if ppl had to stay on a team for at least 2 seasons? Meaning Im on LA now, what if they had to keep me for 2 seasons? And team names had to stay the same for 2 seasons. 

Or, maybe the whole league could go on a 2 season cycle with a draft after season 2, with FA's filling in if players quit etc. That way ppl would be more adjusted to the players on their team

Season Stats
G Goal A Pts PPG +/- Hits PM
20 1 9 10 0.5 25 14 6

22New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 5:42 pm

Freefaii

Freefaii
xTheWildCard-51 wrote:

I don't think he's talking about me ^

23New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 7:32 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
that would suck, how am I gonna win a cup if GMs don't hand us players for free?

24New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 8:24 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Can't do a voting process on trades as I've seen it in action before in older leagues and it was always shady. So that's out of the question.

Good players know how to manipulate bad GMs into getting what they want. It all just comes down to GMing. I personally don't believe in requesting trades, I think it's lame (buff trading me last season was a sneak attack on his part). There will always be bad GMs though as it's impossible to have a league full of nothing but good ones.

No matter what rules you put in place, people like Chomper and myself will always have one of the top teams because we're just smarter than all of you when it comes to building a team (As long as my GM gives me full creative control). If NJ stuck with the team we drafted, we'd still be the best team on paper.

Also, Hellstar could sell a rubber pussy to a gay guy. He's that good.

25New Rule Idea Empty Re: New Rule Idea on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 9:26 pm

The-Hawk7

The-Hawk7
It's not just bad trades on one side. I wont name names but there's a handful of GM's who offer trades where you say to yourself, "Are you fucking stupid?!" Then they keep at you and keep at you and if you're the GM on the receiving end of one of these bad deal what are you to do? Stick with a player who constantly disrupts your team chemistry? Or take the only and often times shitty, deal for a player or players who will play?

I honestly feel kinda bad for the old guard of GM's like Chomp, Serge, AV who have to witness this level of stupidity.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum