Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
Mid-season analysis EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
Mid-season analysis EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
Mid-season analysis EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
Mid-season analysis EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
Mid-season analysis EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
Mid-season analysis EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
Mid-season analysis EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
Mid-season analysis EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
Mid-season analysis EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » Mid-season analysis

Mid-season analysis

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mid-season analysis Empty Mid-season analysis on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Red Wings

They have some nice talent and they're competing for a playoff spot and should make it, like I said they would before the season began. They're basically playing for the right to get beat by New Jersey though. With the nice talent they have, they still don't have that #1 guy. Class makes the team better, as expected, but he's not a #1 guy. He's ideally your #3 guy on a great team. He can't carry an offense, it's just not happening. Jayscott and Mes, nice players, not game changers. Say what you want about ezzz but he's making improvements every season.

Kings

Eggman should be front runner for GM of the year. He takes over the team from Snipe, who had a great team set up, pretty much throws it away and rebuilds an even better team. They got it all. Wildcard is their #1, Jeff is the perfect #2 and Knees is the perfect #3 and he can play goalie when needed. Gill is bad at forward but a legit #1 dman, Zo is a great #2 dman, bilicki is a solid goalie who can make all the stops he should. Their top line is perfect. They don't have much depth but Egg is good at putting his top line out against the best competition. Whether he studies the schedule or it's a fluke, I don't know. They're my favorites in the West and I hate playing them.

Stars

They're not going to contend for anything but they'll be competitive on some nights and will fight with Edmonton for the right to get quickly eliminated by the West's #1 seed. They have no goaltending or defense but offensively they have at least a little something and that's why they occupy the #4 seed as of now. Riley is the best two way center in the league that's not a big name (Basically once all the good two way centers are taken, if you still need one, you take Riley). Trix is a good player but it's not enough. They traded Josh for Trix, basically a "who gives a shit" trade. It doesn't make Dallas any better or worse. They're an average team and will remain that way all season.

Hurricanes

Kind of surprising, I guess. Their record appears worse than I think they should be. I seriously think this is the kind of team where if I was needed the most, it would be this team. Putting me at RD on this team would make this team have a legit shot at the Cup. They have good talent but Johnny can't seem to put the right lineups out against the best competition and has weird line combinations. I don't know if this is due to VG or certain days players are available at once but a lot of his lines leave me scratching my head. They could and should be better.

Avalanche

I don't know what to really say about this team. They just recently cut their first round draft pick, I think that fact alone pretty much sums up this team. I know Pliskin and Sergein are best friends or somethin but I couldn't do that, I need to win. I'd try to get the fuck outta there if I were Pliskin. Sergein seems to throw shit at a wall and hopes it sticks, which works sometimes, but not this season. It's just not a good team from top to bottom but out of the bad teams (TOR, OTT, VAN) this is the one team that can sneak up on a good team and beat them on a given night.

Rangers

There's some good players there but it's a team that literally scares no one. They're competitive and can beat any team on a given night but they're not contending for the Cup. They have Legendary and Sticky, Legendary is a solid #2, Sticky is a great #3 or a solid #2, neither is a #1. I've only played them once so I can't critique their game as one unit or I'd be talking out my ass but on paper there's just not enough there for a Cup. They'll fight for a playoff spot though.

Sharks

They have a Cup contender for sure. They have a #1 dman (Chomper) and a #1 and #2 fwd (Snipe #1, Pass #2). They have literally no goaltending though so there will be more pressure on them to make less mistakes than their opponent in the playoffs. Odds are, vs teams with equal or more talent (Blues, Kings) that because of that they'd fall short in a best of 7. They'll need Gag to play net which pretty much solves nothing in the long run. Their team D is really good though so if there's a team who can win the Cup with bad goaltending, it's them. Now we'll get shutout by them Friday and Sabres will blow his load all over the chat.

Maple Leafs

This team has pretty much nothing. Kiely is an okay dman on a good team, not on this team. Other than that the rest of their roster isn't even worth a mention. But Budz is gone which means they'll at least show up to games now, I think.

Bruins

They have some nice talent in Henny and Ovechkin. Their defense is okay, their goaltending is okay. I mean, what else is there really to say? They're a competitive team that is pretty much fighting for the right to get beat by New Jersey in the playoffs with the rest of the East. Do they have a shot at the Cup? I don't think so but who knows. Maybe every VG player can never make it and Henny keeps owning noobs. They're a good, respectable team. Not a great team.

Canucks

They lose in the Finals, BleedsBlue claims it's not a real team, ditches all his best players, gets 48 rookie draft picks and proceeds to pick names out of a hat. A shame. Now they've forfeited like 6 straight games because he almost died. Sums up their season pretty well.

Senators

They're bad, but better than their record is. They're not 3 wins bad, no one is. They gave up early and started gooning and got handed a replacement GM who was 8 years old and had no idea what he was doing. Swift is in charge now, he has relit the fire and the passion in his entire team. They're ready to go to war for him, lay down their life for him. Here comes the playoff push! ...Or they'll win more games now while still continuing to get their ass handed to them by the top teams, but at least it won't be by double digit goals anymore.

Blues

Basically the top line that won it all 2 seasons ago and if they had this top line last season they would of repeated. This season though this top line doesn't make them the favorites. They're a great team that will contend for the Cup but LA and NJ is a notch above them on paper. But. That's. Why. You. Play. The. Games. 

Oilers

A team decimated by an incompetent GM who gets rattled too easily (I love you buff but it's true) and BBunny's tuuuuude. Bunny rubs off wrong on a lot of people and it destroyed that team pretty quickly when on paper they were easily going to get into the playoffs. They'll now fight with Dallas for the last spot and if Josh shows up during VG nights it'll help the cause. Top line vs Top line, Edmonton is a better team than Dallas, no doubt about it in my mind. They need to show up and not kill each other and they have a shot to get in and then anything can happen. Flash gets better every game I see him play. Unfortunately for them they're in the West and will need a shit ton of breaks for a shot at the Cup if they do indeed get in. I don't see those breaks coming their way.

Last edited by GoHawks496 on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 7:33 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
Nice write up Jon. Good to see something on the forums lmao.

But I do agree with you on basically everything. We're not going to win the cup I know and agree but we will hopefully make the playoffs.

I love when you put your big boy pants on and do some write ups  Razz  Now do some more

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

3Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 7:54 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
HAM posts on every thread Jon makes, what a queer.

#GAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

4Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
Jaqueezy27 wrote:HAM posts on every thread Jon makes, what a queer.

#GAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

5Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 8:38 pm

leafsrule39

How original is this lol

[17:44:03] HAM : STFU Leafs
[14:56:34] HAM : STFU Leafs
[11:45:13] HAM STFU Leafs
[22:12:22] HAM Leafs ur so annoying u tool
[20:37:19] HAM I'm Gay

6Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 10:15 pm

B-Bunny

Sure I may not be the easiest person to get along with, but I wasn't the reason for us forfeiting all the games.

[16:32:47] Ballachick3 : bunny is an asshole, so he must get all girls right? lol
---
[17:44:47] xTheWildCard-51 : i had to suck some virtual dick
---
[02:25:13] Sabres1414 : So yea my job has sooo many bangable (idc if that's a word) girls
[02:25:36] Sabres1414 : i'm a virgin still
[02:25:52] B-Bunny: gay?
-----
[12/19/2013 9:12:01 PM] Coltcrazy  : I had no clue who u were bunny until I joined sp your a nobody

7Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 10:19 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
HAM wrote:
Jaqueezy27 wrote:HAM posts on every thread Jon makes, what a queer.

#GAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

8Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:13 am

joof_duvich

That was pretty insightful.

Where are the devils? I think you mixed up a team.
"They're basically playing for the right to get beat by New Jersey though."

Sergein put together a really good team my first year. I figured I'd throw that in the thread. 

Season Stats
G Goal A Pts PPG +/- Hits PM
20 1 9 10 0.5 25 14 6

9Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:40 am

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
I didn't say anything about New Jersey because it's my team. What am I'm really going to say that I haven't said already? We're the team to beat and if we lose to any team in the playoffs in a best of 7 not named the Kings it'll be embarrassing.

Season 16 Los Angeles Kings

Season 15 Norris Trophy Winner

10Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:43 am

Gag

"They have literally no goaltending though"
scratch

11Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 1:10 am

Chomper4

GoHawks496 wrote:I didn't say anything about New Jersey because it's my team. What am I'm really going to say that I haven't said already? We're the team to beat and if we lose to any team in the playoffs in a best of 7 not named the Kings it'll be embarrassing.

Prepare to be embarrassed

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

12Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 1:17 am

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Chomper4 wrote:
GoHawks496 wrote:I didn't say anything about New Jersey because it's my team. What am I'm really going to say that I haven't said already? We're the team to beat and if we lose to any team in the playoffs in a best of 7 not named the Kings it'll be embarrassing.

Not happening.

Now that I'm here you won't win another Cup until you put me on your team. It's a new era. When it comes to putting teams together, I do what you do better than you.

13Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 1:26 am

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27

14Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 2:30 am

jaZz134

jaZz134
GoHawks496 wrote:
Chomper4 wrote:

Not happening.

Now that I'm here you won't win another Cup until you put me on your team. It's a new era. When it comes to putting teams together, I do what you do better than you.

I would like to thank Snipeshow_21 for giving Jon & The NJD Jaqueezy27

SEASON X - STL- STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS (GM)
SEASON XIV - PIT- STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS (GM)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 3:26 am

sgill19

all of you stink it's that simple... just quit your game when you play against us like san jose.

16Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 2:04 pm

henny_16

lol i'll take it,,, I definitely think BOS can give NJ a good series though

Detroit Red Wings RW #16

Detroit General Manager

17Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm

joshb12345

jaZz134 wrote:
GoHawks496 wrote:
Chomper4 wrote:

Not happening.

I would like to thank Snipeshow_21 for giving Jon & The NJD Jaqueezy27
lets not forget budz handing them killer and yan

18Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 5:57 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Killer was put in the deal to make the cap work, nothing more.

Everyone talks about him like he matters. Most overrated player in this community at the moment.

19Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 6:15 pm

Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx

Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx
Nj has a couple L`s on their record and overall the best team in the league,but that doesn't mean they Can't be beaten. How to beat them?Is The question..but i have to agree with teams handing them silly trades. Its apart of the league,im pretty sure if anyone of you all was apart of Nj team you wouldnt have a word to say. Lets be honest..
Lets also be honest and say if gohawks wasnt their NJ wouldnt be a Contender Honestly..We know who runs the show but instead of worrying About who they have!! IM more worried About how to beat them..

On 2/23/2014, at 12:41 PM, Jordon H wrote:
> I respect you
On 2/25/2014, at 8:34 PM, Moja111 wrote:
> You've built a great team though. GJ
[16:00:46] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : I would rather be ezz's ******
On 04/28/2014, at 7:13 PM, SA_Pliskin wrote:
> both of you need to grow up. i dont have time for he said she said. back and forth.

20Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
by scoring more goals than us?

21Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 7:53 pm

Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx

Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx
Obviously fool..but its hard to score When 85% Of your team connections sucks...Lol
So my Question to You and Also Jon is,"What if you all get upset in the Playoffs"?...
By who??Anyone...

> I respect you
[16:00:46] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : I would rather be ezz's ******
> both of you need to grow up. i dont have time for he said she said. back and forth.

22Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 8:29 pm

Chomper4

GoHawks496 wrote:
Chomper4 wrote:

Not happening.

Lets slow down a bit here.  Your 1st season Buff built a championship caliber team predraft by acquiring tons of top picks and using them wisely.  You guys choked in the finals though.  Last season you were in tankville until Buff got frustrated and instead of sending you to some bad team to finish the season sucking, he sent you to a team that really was only missing a piece or 2.  This season you can have some credit for the team, but most credit goes to Snipeshow for handing you guys your D partner and then stepping down anyway.  While in the past I have benefitted from trades, I haven't seen it done quite as poorly as the way GMs have helped construct New Jersey.  All good though, we will see you in the finals Im sure.  We can settle this then.  Like I said, it will take more than a couple of season of success to leap over the model of consistency that is me.

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

23Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 8:40 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27
Consistency is easy to come by in a league without Jaqueezy & GoHawks. 

The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Scrubs rise, evolve, advance, then at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished.

24Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
I'm just smarter than you when it comes to this game, don't take it personal as I'm smarter than everyone else too.

It was me who put Bunny at C early on because I knew it was best and that got us to the Finals. I wanted Buff on LD instead of Aggrocrag because I know that Aggro is really bad but Buff couldn't make most of the games. We would of won the Finals if I got my way. You guys would of beat us in the Conference finals too if you kept Jew on the wing instead of Laplante but you decided to not risk your friendship, something I'd have no issue with.

Season 2 I let Buff draft the team and I decided to tank. When I got to New Jersey I switched some things up. I decided to bench edog in the playoffs and play etthan instead, which ultimately was a huge difference. In the Finals we played a full 5 man collapse vs Vancouver since we knew their Dmen weren't involved in their offense.

The trade for Jaqueezy was a fair one and if it weren't for that trade, Snipe wouldn't of had the roster he did which ultimately became Egg's in which we built a powerhouse of a team. The Yan trade was somewhat unfair to some but I liked Jew and Fluri and felt they were a big reason for our possession game. We sacrificed a little depth for a better top line. No one handed me anything.

Simply put, I'm amazing.

Elite Power Rankings will always see me as #1

25Mid-season analysis Empty Re: Mid-season analysis on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 8:55 pm

Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx

Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx
So your admitting that you run the Shit NJ big Dog??lol
That's your Team?..i rather test my gm skills in the east with YOU Instead of hellstar.
 Gohawks for GM
#NWO TakeOver

> I respect you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum