Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » SC Final NJD vs VAN

SC Final NJD vs VAN

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty SC Final NJD vs VAN on Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:06 am

bufford80

First topic message reminder :

Well folks it comes down to 1 final series between the New Jersy Devils and the Vancouver Canucks. I spoke with the GM's and here is what they had to say. I spoke with the eastern conference champs first Hellstar.

Your team has been on fire during this playoff run to the SC final, What do you contribute that success to?

We will need to continue to play the way we were playing throughout the playoffs.

You face a very tough team in the Vancouver Canucks what will be the keys in stopping this who seems to be on a mission?

Keep everything simple, stay out of the box, capitalize on our chances; if our team continues to play the system we have in place then good things will come.

What will be the keys during this series to stopping Tees and triix who seem to find ways to stay open and bury the puck?

It's like I stated in the previous question: we need to continue to play the system, and if we do that I can say I am very confident we will be able to stop their dynamical trio.

D and G of your team has been very tight during this run bt now it will be tested against a team that dismantled you during the regular season, has the adjustments been made to close the holes the Vancouver exploited during the season?

Have the adjustments been made? I would say yes but this series will test the team in the categories that the adjustments were improved on.  

What advantage do you feel you have over this Vancouver team as you head into the final series of the season?

Being the underdog, I think many people underestimate the talent that's on this team so we need to take advantage of this and prove everyone wrong. 

Finally who do you fear will be the biggest threat on this very skilled Vancouver team?

Vancouver has a couple of offensive stars so I can't really say one player is a bigger threat than the other. Each of their players holds the same amount of threat when it comes to scoring.

Next up was the colorful GM Dirty_triix who had a personal message for a NJD player.

You made some quick work of the teams during this playoff run, do you feel that your team will be prepared for a 7 game series against the powerhouse freight train of the NJD?

I sure hope were prepared, in my eyes we took out two of the toughest teams in the league so far,  cant let up yet, were here to win a cup and as long as the team carries the same team play over to this series, were confident we can win it all.

You face a tough G in Hellstar which you have had great success against this season, do you plan on changing anything going into this final series of the season?

8-2 record so far in playoffs, 1 loss being a forfeit, no need to change a thing, we plan on continuing where we left off. 

Having beat the NJD very easily during the regular season is there anything that you feel this post season has taught of these teams as you head into the finals?

Well apparently were force and reward team, at least thats what the guys we beat out say, and the guys were about to play, but the thing that matters most is  no one has stopped it, everyone keeps talking but thats as far as it goes, if you know how we play SHUT US DOWN. Apparently its easier said then done. We know NJD is going to bring the best hockey they had all season out and thats what Van wants, we want to beat the best and i believe we have a good chance at doing that.

Offensively I feel you have the edge but you do face a very defensive team, what do you feel will be the keys to opening the ice up for yourself and whitetees?

The keys are simple, continue whats been working for us, smart team hockey.Were not worried about there D at all, were going to do our thing, an not worry about what there going to do, its gotten us this far. I do know looking from team playoff stats is they have a weak PK so im sure we will take advantage of it.

Finally who do you feel is going to steal the show for your team and who will be the biggest threat for the NJD?

Everyone knows WHITETEES is a beast, you cant hide that, but the rest of Vancouver roster are pretty good players too. Im confident in every player on the roster. I cant pick 1 player to steal a show, but i can pick a whole Vancouver roster to steal a series.

As for NJD biggest threat, thats easy  STAMKOS,and i know theres a couple other forwards there as well, but i think if we continue to play tight team D and keep our eyes on the studs, we can hold them off and win. i think we have the upper hand in forwards with solid back end D/G as well. all i know is Vancouver is on a mission,i hope they take us lightly. GL NJD its going to be a fun series.

P.S  watch that spin gohawks, might just undress you again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So for the last time in season 11 I wish the teams best of luck and may the best virtual world team win.

[23:03:21] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : buff > aggro
[01:11:04] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Wtf lol stamkos isnt really anything
[22:42:10] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : HAM..... you're a pest. thats why you got steal.... my bad. don't screw it up eh...lol
[16:32:18] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : so im not the only one who has the shame of losing to ham
[03:34:01] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : no one is getting paid to play
[03:34:06] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : its the internet

26SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:56 pm

bufford80

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[23:03:21] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : buff > aggro
[01:11:04] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Wtf lol stamkos isnt really anything
[22:42:10] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : HAM..... you're a pest. thats why you got steal.... my bad. don't screw it up eh...lol
[16:32:18] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : so im not the only one who has the shame of losing to ham
[03:34:01] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : no one is getting paid to play
[03:34:06] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : its the internet

27SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:56 pm

Chomper4

GoHawks496 wrote:Never really considered my self an R1 spammer unless the situation calls for it. I don't spam R1 at the blue line for two reasons. One of them being that it's too easy to trip someone and the other reason being that if you are a spammer in the open ice you risk taking yourself out of position. The goal is to keep the guy in front of you and let your forwards back check. The mistake most dmen make in this game is that they think every 1 on 1 situation has to result in them taking the puck away.

I spam R1 to protect passing lanes since you don't have a legit option in this game of keeping your stick in a lane. You can hold R1 and the right stick in a direction but it's useless and simply doesn't work. So I mash R1 to keep my stick in passing and shooting lanes. No one does it better than me and it's just another reason why I'm better than everyone else at D.

There's not any kind of play that fools me. I know what the best fwds in this game are gonna try to do before even they do.
My theory too minus all the Im the best stuff.  I don't spam anything unless Im in front of own net.  Any teammate that's ever played with me will agree with that.  Unless your idea of spamming R1 is hitting it more than once on a given play.  If that's the case, you need to get a better understanding of what spamming is.

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

28SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:57 pm

xXM1NORTHREATXx

xXM1NORTHREATXx
B-Bunny wrote:
xXM1NORTHREATXx wrote:Oh bunny, youre so cute when you are trying to make yourself relevant Smile 

OH hi
Coming from the biggest rager himself. Glad to be apart of next season to make you mad once again. Should be a ball of fun.
*Would have been a ball of fun

Sorry to disappoint. Not playing in the league next year.

[12:44:50 AM] mark hutz: how do you say bar down in french
[12:45:09 AM] KingFromTheDot: Poutine

29SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:02 pm

The-Hawk7

The-Hawk7
Chomper4 wrote:
GoHawks496 wrote:Never really considered my self an R1 spammer unless the situation calls for it. I don't spam R1 at the blue line for two reasons. One of them being that it's too easy to trip someone and the other reason being that if you are a spammer in the open ice you risk taking yourself out of position. The goal is to keep the guy in front of you and let your forwards back check. The mistake most dmen make in this game is that they think every 1 on 1 situation has to result in them taking the puck away.

I spam R1 to protect passing lanes since you don't have a legit option in this game of keeping your stick in a lane. You can hold R1 and the right stick in a direction but it's useless and simply doesn't work. So I mash R1 to keep my stick in passing and shooting lanes. No one does it better than me and it's just another reason why I'm better than everyone else at D.

There's not any kind of play that fools me. I know what the best fwds in this game are gonna try to do before even they do.
My theory too minus all the Im the best stuff.  I don't spam anything unless Im in front of own net.  Any teammate that's ever played with me will agree with that.  Unless your idea of spamming R1 is hitting it more than once on a given play.  If that's the case, you need to get a better understanding of what spamming is.
Nah chomp, numerous times I've come up the left boards (my side) and you've R1'd me to death. We all do it at some point in time.

30SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:04 pm

B-Bunny

xXM1NORTHREATXx wrote:
B-Bunny wrote:
xXM1NORTHREATXx wrote:Oh bunny, youre so cute when you are trying to make yourself relevant Smile 

OH hi
Coming from the biggest rager himself. Glad to be apart of next season to make you mad once again. Should be a ball of fun.
*Would have been a ball of fun

Sorry to disappoint. Not playing in the league next year.
I'm sure you'll be lurking in the chat often, you have nothing better to do but participate in a chatroom for a league you don't play in.

[16:32:47] Ballachick3 : bunny is an asshole, so he must get all girls right? lol
---
[17:44:47] xTheWildCard-51 : i had to suck some virtual dick
---
[02:25:13] Sabres1414 : So yea my job has sooo many bangable (idc if that's a word) girls
[02:25:36] Sabres1414 : i'm a virgin still
[02:25:52] B-Bunny: gay?
-----
[12/19/2013 9:12:01 PM] Coltcrazy  : I had no clue who u were bunny until I joined sp your a nobody

31SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:09 pm

Diirty_Triix_13

Diirty_Triix_13
+1 for bunnys GIF.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : you dont gotta call dibs sabres.. trix already made you his B!%@&

14x ALL STAR

32SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:15 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Another good time to R1 spam would be this...

In real life a dman can hold his stick out in front of him to take away the puck carrier's space but we don't have that in this game so you have to mash R1 to constantly keep your stick in front of you.

Season 16 Los Angeles Kings

Season 15 Norris Trophy Winner

33SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:18 pm

Chomper4

Bum forwards who cant get by need to blame something.  Ive been accused of only hitting R1 like there are 100 other options in this game to play D.  Should I hipcheck at the blue line?  Goon all game?  Lets be real here

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

34SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:37 pm

The-Hawk7

The-Hawk7
Chomper4 wrote:Bum forwards who cant get by need to blame something.  Ive been accused of only hitting R1 like there are 100 other options in this game to play D.  Should I hipcheck at the blue line?  Goon all game?  Lets be real here
No, 14 allows you to have inside positioning on a forward cutting into the center, I'm only going by what I saw in 13 as I don't believe I have played vs. you in 14 yet.

35SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:58 pm

Plastic_World

Backwards strafe is still garbage, just saying. L1 spamming gets you penalties. You just can't win.

Season 8 Pittsburgh Penguins
Season 9 Hiatus
Season 10 Columbus Blue Jackets
Season 11 Washington Capitals
Season 12 Carolina Hurricanes
Season 12 Boston Bruins
Season 13 Detroit Red Wings

36SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 6:01 pm

Plastic_World

R1. Sorry.

Season 8 Pittsburgh Penguins
Season 9 Hiatus
Season 10 Columbus Blue Jackets
Season 11 Washington Capitals
Season 12 Carolina Hurricanes
Season 12 Boston Bruins
Season 13 Detroit Red Wings

37SC Final NJD vs VAN - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Final NJD vs VAN on Thu 28 Nov 2013, 5:47 pm

Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum