Sony Playstation Hockey League
NEW HERE???
Please Register with your PSN account name all other accounts will be deleted.
We do not allow registers using proxy servers. Please use your own IP. Final thing, please ensure your PSN trophies are visible to confirm your account is not NEW. to do this visit here http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/
Sony Playstation Hockey League

6v6 Hockey League

Latest topics
» SPNHL 3v3 addition
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:30 am by SA_Pliskin

» What's going on with SP
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 5:17 am by Cuban1616

» Rule Updates for Season 30 Opinion from a Vet
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm by SA_Pliskin

» New here !
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptyWed 09 May 2018, 9:38 am by docj1ggy

» GM Grading Survey
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018, 11:31 am by goalieman92

» playoff FF rule Vote #2
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Playoff Forfiets Stage 1 voting!!! (READ ALL COMMENTS BEFORE VOTING!!!!)
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm by SA_Pliskin

» Wing or d looking for tryout
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm by RiverHawk37

» C/RW looking for a team (Don't mind being a regular ECU)
Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 11:52 am by Dirty-Dietrich

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 129 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sony Playstation Hockey League » General Chat » Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown

Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:38 am

joshb12345

#1 OTT VS #4 NYR

we pit veteran GM and proven winner Chomper4 vs new GM minorthreat 

Forwards advantage: Ottawa 

Ott: has the definite forward line advantage here with jeff,hemmer, and i guess rambo

NYR: with a forward line of Lap,rush,deadant u can only question as to how far these forwards can go. luckily i know the answer and the answer is to round 1 thats it. lap is a good forward and has the ability to put the puck in the net but does not have the ability to do it all himself, with his supporting cast of rush and deadant who can have their night at times will not b enough. 

defense advantage: New York 

Ott: the D lineup here is minor,the goon monster swiftdee, OG_KJ and possibly jeff in a pinch or stamp, i dont feel any pair that they run on D compares to what NYR will have.

Nyr: we have the great Chomper,SecondaryFlash, everyones favorite homie TSpence and possibly Lap. chomp and lap or chomp and flash these combos out due the OTT combo's

Goalie advantage: Ottawa 

Ott: they have fanofbilickihair in net (anyone else asking who this guy is)? either way hes having a hellstar esk type of season (minus the constant complaints about EA) and as for Outsider i heard he sold his PS3 so hes out of the picture.

Nyr: they have balaia and shock_r in net both to me will b inconsistent and give problems for the rangers

id say OTT in 6 

Next we have

#2 Nj vs #3 Tb

this matchup is best described as the many vs the few. by that i mean the many talented players on nj vs the few on TB

forwards advantage: NJ 

NJ: we have stamkos,mansel,e-dog,etthan, and eggman. the one-two punch of stamkos and mansel will b a deadly combo for the TB d to face

Tb: there forwards are ryno,watchmegood,and altered-beast this foward line doesnt come close to that of NJ and therefore shall not b very effective vs Nj

defense advantage: Nj

NJ: we have bufford's love child gohawks,and echo anchoring the D which will definitely give the Tb forwards some trouble limiting shots and forceing turnovers.

TB: we have cfaia,scooter,austin,and baseballmike these dmen will b frustrated all night trying  to stop stamkos and mansel which will ultimately drive them insane

goalie advantage: NJ

NJ: hellstar (aka EA biggest critic) and jonez in net will b a great duo to stop any run that TB plans to have 

TB: its likely that ham will b in net with jetter as backup the real question is how long will ham stay in net before hes telling jetter to take the beating for him 

with a clean sweep of all 3 i can only say that NJ will win in 4

we move to the west now 

#2 Col Vs #3 Van

The commish vs trix out of all the matchups i think this one is the closest.

Forwards advantage: Van if tees is active 

Col: they have the spnhl leading scorer lo-max and a bunch of randoms with and ovie8jr sighting possible at forward 

Van: they have trix,tees,and des up front which makes for some deadly moves and puck movement 

Defense advantage: Van 

Col: not much known D here so ill just leave it at that

Van: they have raybourque and rampage which will have their hands full facing lo-max

Goalie advantage: Col

Col: the legendary pliskin is between the pipes holding it down like he does hes gonna need to steal games if Van is on its game

Van: with knees in net van has a chance to keep lomax off the board and out of the next round

id say Van in 7

Last but not least we have my team 

#1 STL Vs #4 DAL
david vs goliath matchup   presidents cup winner vs last game entrants to the playoffs

Forwards advantage: STL

Stl: they have snipeshow,jazz,check,and free these forwards can light up the scoreboard with ease

Dal: myself,jimbow,and bundy up front can b deadly but not always the most consistent scoring line

defense advantage: tie, i feel like both teams have dmen that use the physical game to keep small forwards on edge

Stl: with way2,snail,and scrappy we will c a blend of hitting and poke checking from these 3 

Dal: with a long list of players willing to play d and that have played d this season u will also c the combo of hits and poke checking the question is which teams end of going for the more costly hits 

Goalie advantage: Stl 

Stl: with goalies n-0ize and nevernavok (i thought would go 1st in the rookie draft) they have a great duo in net sorta like a lindback,ben bishop combo to moderate goalies who u would b willing to put in anyday. they may steal games for STL

Dal: we have JoshDuhaime and scooby in net. since the trade that sent ivan to WSH avng has made it clear that duhaime is the man he is looking to between the pipes after a couple shaky starts and some other tremendous goalie performances he will need to stand on his head to keep Dal in it.

My thoughts are STL in 5 or 6

i still do plan to upset STL but this is just an honest opinion based off knowledge who knows how anyone will perform  

GL to all in the playoffs cmon 4 seeds lets shake this league up a bit

2Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 10:11 am

Rampage905

Great read!

3Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 12:06 pm

JoneZ-HD

JoneZ-HD
Nice write up.!

4Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 1:59 pm

The-Hawk7

The-Hawk7
lol I gotta laugh at this NJD/TB comparison, especially with every other writeup that's been done. Look at the stats folks...

NJD-
201  180  664 1015 6:28:43 152 41 26.97% 129 171 75.44%
TB-
225 177 753 1083 6:32:47 154 47 30.52%  116 153 75.82%
What do I always say? Stats don't lie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
lol why does everyone think we're so shit?

We've done better than NJ the whole season except for the last week of the season lol...

I admit, NJ has firepower but it can only get you so far. As hawk stated, we have the better stats. So I don't see the huge differential in talent. Ryno has been a top 5 forward throughout the whole season of the league.

Im not going to get into it all... Just see ya on the ice. Going to be a fun series, win or lose.

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

6Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 2:21 pm

austin2997

Agree with Hawk. Stats clearly show the series will be closer than predicted. All of the predictions are being based off of names and not stats, which doesn't exactly make everything accurate lol.

7Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 2:39 pm

Chomper4

I love bein called the great Chomper lol.  Ott really depends on if their VG guys play SP playoffs.  My guess is that Hemmer will.  (He says SP is just his playground, but he wants to win no matter where he plays) and I don't know about Jeff.

"offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."
chomper deserves all awards -Ryno

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

Sabres1414 : the guy is the best shutdown dman in the league & maybe all of nhl
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

[9:53:26 PM] bufford80: we all want to learn from the great chomper lol

8Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:58 pm

scrappy_2-1

scrappy_2-1
I will be honest the only team i don't fancy playing is Tampa! I hope they get knocked out before the final (If we get there!).

Season 9 - Dallas Stars
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm

xXM1NORTHREATXx

xXM1NORTHREATXx
Nice write up Josh.

[12:44:50 AM] mark hutz: how do you say bar down in french
[12:45:09 AM] KingFromTheDot: Poutine

10Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:47 pm

joshb12345

HAM wrote:lol why does everyone think we're so shit?

We've done better than NJ the whole season except for the last week of the season lol...

I admit, NJ has firepower but it can only get you so far. As hawk stated, we have the better stats. So I don't see the huge differential in talent. Ryno has been a top 5 forward throughout the whole season of the league.

Im not going to get into it all... Just see ya on the ice. Going to be a fun series, win or lose.
ur offense relys on ryno htf do u expect to do anything if ur looking to him to lead ur team to win and secondly stats mean nothing because mansel and stam didnt play every game for NJ and with the late trade for gohawks hes jus gonna make ur forwards look worse then they already are

11Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:55 pm

I--Chief--I

I--Chief--I
joshb12345 wrote:
HAM wrote:lol why does everyone think we're so shit?

ur offense relys on ryno htf do u expect to do anything if ur looking to him to lead ur team to win and secondly stats mean nothing because mansel and stam didnt play every game for NJ and with the late trade for gohawks hes jus gonna make ur forwards look worse then they already are
Don't trash my team please. You don't see me doing the same to Dallas. We don't rely heavily on Ryno, but he actually gets shit done. He's put up the points to be considered a top forward and certainly has proved it considering I draft him in the third round. We're focusing on team stats buddy, not my fault Stamkos or Mansel wasn't in every game so idk what you're talking about there. Good talk.

Season 9:    ANA/PHI/NYI
Season 10: TOR/ NYI- Team USA 2
Season 11: Tampa Bay Lightning GM
Season 12: New York Rangers GM
Season 13: New York Rangers GM
Season 14: Took Season Off
Season 15: PIT

12Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 9:33 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
New Jersey top 6

LW: Edog
C: Mansel
RW: Stamkos
LD: Zogood
RD: GoHawks
G: Hell

Echo, Ethan, Egg round out the playoff roster. I don't know if Jones is playoff eligible.

Anyways,

OTT over NYR
NJ over TB

STL over DAL
VAN over COL

NJ over OTT

STL over VAN

STL over NJ

Jazz and Snipe beat me in game 7 of the Finals again because they're fags like that.

TB is good but doesn't have any star players and you can't win it all without at least one.

Ottawa can win a series but they're gonna need a shit ton of bounces to win two series with stamp gone. Even Hemmer can't make Rambo look good.

COL is solid but playing way over their heads. They're TB west, no stars.

VAN love to go near the goal line, pull it to forehand and throw misdirection passes back to the front. Play a collapse vs them and make their dmen try to contribute or get lit up.

STL is just better than everyone else.

Rangers always look good when I play them but their record went to shit for whatever reason.

Dallas is just bad.

Season 16 Los Angeles Kings

Season 15 Norris Trophy Winner

13Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:59 am

Chomper4

Our record was bad b/c of availability issues Jon.  We had guys playing out of position.  Shouldn't be an issue in the playoffs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : thats why chomps teams always win this league, he is the only dman that passes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : chomp ur number 1 and thats all there is to it.

14Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:21 am

LaPlante94

LaPlante94
Rangers suck! OTT in 4

15Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:49 am

Lo-Maximus

GoHawks496 wrote:
COL is solid but playing way over their heads. They're TB west, no stars.

I don't normally like to get into the trash talking, but here's a few fun facts.....

Colorado finished tied for the best record in the regular season.

Colorado had the highest goals for in the entire league for the regular season.

Colorado won the season series against Vancouver....  5-0.

Colorado's top 3 scorers, Sergein was top 7, Ovechkin had a pts/g that says had he played more he would have been among the top to... oh and they had some other bum that led the league.

On top of that they have the Vezina winner.

Not saying it will be an easy series, I'm not even saying we will win. I expect it will be a very close hard fought series by both teams and I look forward to it, it should be fun.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

16Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:07 am

Freefaii

Freefaii
Nice write up josh
That gohawks guy knows what he's talking about!!!!

Last edited by Freefaii on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:14 am

RTedd0408

RTedd0408
How does 1 say Col has "no stars" Lo, plisk, ovi, serg?! Some of the top players in the league are on Col

[17:28:35] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : <-- Banned from TD Garden
[22:36:57] [b]@ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : [/b]tedd has a chance then lol

[22:00:00] @ SA_Pliskin : cfaia there are two things i cant picture. you as a teacher shaping our youth

18Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 6:03 pm

deadant

Nice job Josh!

19Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm

Chomper4

Serge is no star and the Ovi?  Star? LOL

20Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
Serg and Ovi are nice players. They're not stars though.

Pliskin is a star in net but goalies don't count.

Not doggin them, just haven't seen enough. If they take out VAN and STL when they're playing against their top lines 70-80% of the series then I'll give them respect (I already respect them but i'll knight them or something and declare them elite). The thing with star players is that they ramp it up when it counts. Does COL have that guy? I don't think they do. Prove me wrong.

I said a week ago that everyone has a legit shot at the Cup except Dallas/Nashville.

21Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm

joshb12345

GoHawks496 wrote:Serg and Ovi are nice players. They're not stars though.

Pliskin is a star in net but goalies don't count.

Not doggin them, just haven't seen enough. If they take out VAN and STL when they're playing against their top lines 70-80% of the series then I'll give them respect (I already respect them but i'll knight them or something and declare them elite). The thing with star players is that they ramp it up when it counts. Does COL have that guy? I don't think they do. Prove me wrong.

I said a week ago that everyone has a legit shot at the Cup except Dallas/Nashville.
well fk u 2 gohawks

22Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 7:21 pm

Avng_202

And Gohawks opinions matters, why?

23Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 7:52 pm

Sergein

Well I am not one to make posts except for ones that don't talk shit about other players,I sit back and watch the trash talkers and just laugh,pretty sad that almost every topic posted on this site turns into someone mouthing other players, like really? get a life... what do you really get outta it? satisfaction? talkin shit behind a computer screen, to cool, I've never considered myself a star but I show up and play when needed and I don't talk crap about others in the league cause I am better then that.

24Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 8:07 pm

GoHawks496

GoHawks496
LOL

Holy shit what a bunch of sensitive twats.

It's a fuckin thread about playoff matchups and predictions and I shared my thoughts. I shared my opinion and went into some sort of detail as to why I've reached certain conclusions but it's a HUGE ISSUE.

Never shat all over COL. Just think they don't have enough to win it all. Could be wrong, obviously. My opinion.

Pussy.

25Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown Empty Re: Playoff Round 1 Matchup Breakdown on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:04 pm

Diirty_Triix_13

Diirty_Triix_13
Vancouver...watch out

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : you dont gotta call dibs sabres.. trix already made you his B!%@&

14x ALL STAR

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum